Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longhunter standard vs T2

Default Longhunter standard vs T2

I am in the market for a 26 inch stay pack. I see a lot of positive feedback for the T2. What pushes people towards the
    T2 line versus the long hunter standard line? Do people favor the external pockets? Is there something about the overall design that gives the T2 the edge? The prices between the two are very close.
    Regards,
    Darob

Default Re: Longhunter standard vs T2

Quote Originally Posted by darob View Post
    I am in the market for a 26 inch stay pack. I see a lot of positive feedback for the T2. What pushes people towards the
    T2 line versus the long hunter standard line? Do people favor the external pockets? Is there something about the overall design that gives the T2 the edge? The prices between the two are very close.
    Regards,
    Darob
    I got the T2 over Longhunter because of the weight savings and external pockets... Absolutely love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. Oh and you can get multicam!!

Name:  DSC_0352.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  33.7 KB

Love the Camo pattern.

Longhunter has the Duplex frame and suspension which I think can carry more weight confortably. But the timberline can carry alot as well. I personally don't mind a "big bag" and no pockets so I have a longhunter guide in foliage.! But if you are a pocket guy go timberline. Can't go wrong with either thou!
    The woods are calling and I must go

+1 to what E said above. I would like to have a T3 for a day pack though!
    Good shoot'n!

I've owned seven Kifaru packs and the last one I ordered was the Longhunter Guide model with composite stays, a standard Timberline (simple flap) lid, and tactical belt with PALS webbing (for holding a holster adapter). All in my Longhunter Guide weighed 6# 6 oz. Compare that with a Timberline and the additional weight is not much more. I have a frame that can be removed for hauling and a much larger bag. The external pockets on the Timberline might be useful for a lot of consumers but I did not need 1800 cubic inches tied up in small external pockets. I can always cinch down my 7300 ci bag using the compression straps. If you compare apples to apples the Timberline really isn't much lighter than a similar removable-frame Longhunter.

I'm sure the Timberline is an excellent pack, as are all of the Kifaru packs (and I've bought my share of them). But for me, I'd rather have the cubes internally along with a removable frame for a few ounces more.

John

John, I have the same setup with the Guide as you do. It is the best hauler I own. phil
    none

I love the Timberline packs due to the ability to organize things better with the pockets. It is a pack I have waited a good 12 years for from Kifaru. Being on the east coast and not needing a huge pack I have the T3 and it is a super pack.

Ermine, are you using the composite stays or aluminum? phil
    none

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Ermine, are you using the composite stays or aluminum? phil
    Aluminum in my Longhunter!
    The woods are calling and I must go