Thread: Malice Claymore G2 on a Scout????

Default Malice Claymore G2 on a Scout????

Can anyone tell me how well a Malice G2 Claymore will work on the back of a Scout G2? I would really appreciate your expertise and input on how I could add a little more volume to the scout. I like the Claymore for the added versatility as a secondary use pouch and the potential to add on an item or two but I was uncertain if it would fit well on the back of the scout.

West Coast USA, staying close to home... for now.

Default Re: Malice Claymore G2 on a Scout????

MALICE Claymore is 8 Columns wide. Face of a Scout is 6 Columns wide.

Will fit but will be sloppy. What some have done is rig pouches with PALS on all faces (such as EMDOM 4x4 or Kifaru Liter Plus) to the side of the pack, then fastened the outer PALS column of the Claymore to the pockets (in addition to the inner columns on the main pack face). This actually has the effect of constraining the ability of the pack to expand.

You are also creating a "deeper" pack than the Scout is really designed to be.

A D&L (vertical) Claymore will be a better fit. Replace the standard D&L male buckles with Wavelocs.

When I need capacity I put a Grab-It on there (will carry a fleece and a helmet) and call it good.
    "Two to the Heart, One to the Mind"

When I need capacity I put a Grab-It on there (will carry a fleece and a helmet) and call it good.

Jayson here and thanks Straps. I was wondering if a 'Grab It' would work on a Scout. I have one kicking around and the information you provided makes me think even more that there will be a Scout in my future.
    We now return you to your normally scheduled thread . . .

Quote Originally Posted by jaYson View Post

Jayson here and thanks Straps. I was wondering if a 'Grab It' would work on a Scout. I have one kicking around and the information you provided makes me think even more that there will be a Scout in my future.
    We now return you to your normally scheduled thread . . .
    The Grab-it works great on a Scout (even with pouches on 3 sides) or Daystalker.

Scout.

Daystalker

Last edited by porcupinemtns66; 03-15-2012 at 01:53 PM.