Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a Euro-Rondy

Question Thinking about a Euro-Rondy

Title pretty much says it all. I've been thinking about setting-up a European Rondy for next summer. I've chatted with quite a few people here on the Continent who are very interested in being able to see/handle Kifaru gear. I just happen to live in the midst of the largest American population outside of America. Plus, we are centrally located in Europe and co-located with many NATO troops, who would surely be interested too.

How would one go about setting-up a Rondy? Do they need the "blessing" of Patrick Smith to happen? Is there a chance that Patrick or Mel could make it to a Eruo-Rondy? How 'bout getting some Kifaru swag to give away as "door prizes"?

Any info/help will be greatly appreciated. Also, let me know if you would be interested in attending a Euro-Rondy.

Take care,
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

"Noli nothis permittere te terere."

Default Re: Thinking about a Euro-Rondy

I would be interested to meet some guys from this board here and to handle some Kifaru gear if possible too.

I guess the biggest challenge will be to find a place for a rondy. In entire Central Europe I do not know a place where you just can go into the woods and camp. Usually it is illegal. Sweden, Norway and Finland have different laws but it is quite a journey to Sweden.

Ja, it would probably have to be at a camping park. Unless someone has land that they wouldn't mind sharing for the Rondy . . .
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

I will ask some people that might be interested or willing to join/help us that have access to suitable areas.

BuckarooMedic,
    great idea ! What country/area you have in mind ? I think that there are only three countries in the EU with liberal gun laws where there should be no problem doing some shooting. (Finland, Switzerland and the Czech Republic) I have some friends in Finland and CR.... plenty of places to set up camp.
    m

Gentlemen, this is beginning to sound interesting.

I have been thinking about the weapon issue too. IT IS a major stumbling block. Before I moved here, I sold all my weapons due to the PITA reg's and procedures I had to go through to maintain them. I've got a contact who might have a place in CH, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

What would people think about a "weaponless" Rondy due to the circumstances? Would it still be fun to get together for a couple of days to drink beer and handle Kifaru products?

Patrick - any advise you can offer would be greatly appreciated!
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

I am in eastern Kazakhstan now and if my vacation time is the same time as an EU Rondy I would bring my tipi along. When my contract is over here I plan to travel overland to the UK anyway (to march the West Highland Way in Scotland) so it would be nice to meet some people in-between. Shooting would be fun but I doubt its absence would wholly ruin a time in the woods somewhere. I'll keep watch for any updates!

MT
    If A then B; ~B; Therefore ???

http://modustollens.org/

Shooting is not really necessary in my opinion. Meeting a bunch of European users of my gear in a pleasant outdoor setting would be grand in itself.

Forget about shooting, fishing or hunting out in the forests in almost any place in Central Europe. I guess the best idea is to find a nice area where there is a place for camping and doing some hiking etc. If a nice shooting range is nearby, itīs even better but I doubt that we are that lucky.