Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a Euro-Rondy

Default Re: Thinking about a Euro-Rondy

Kifaru would be happy to send Tee Shirts, Hats, and other goodies! I might need to send myself over as well! Sounds fun!

Just my opinion, but I feel like shooting mostly takes away from rondys rather than adds to them. If having a firing line adds the least bit of logistical complexity I would, in the words of snoop dogg, drop it like its hot.
    We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

So where do you want to meet and when ? Guns are not an issue but I do want a BIG JUICY YANK MADE BURGER !!!!
    m

Wow! It's great to see a lot of interest in a Euro-Rondy!

It seems that a weaponless is OK with everyone so far.

As far as a location, I've been thinking that it should take place near me in Kaiserslautern, DE. This part of Germany is very central to all of Europe, we are at the cross-roads of several Autobahns. Kaiserslautern is also about one hour away from several international airports; Frankfurt-Main, Frankfurt-Hahn and Saarbrucken. Ryanair flies to both Hahn and Saarbrucken and Frankfurt Main has all the international airlines. There are many camp grounds around here too, many with lakes. There is also an extensive mountain biking trail system here in the Rheinland-Pfalz. Lastly, there is a great brew-pub in downtown Kaiserslautern!

Let me know what you think. If I can get a handful of people to commit, I'll start looking into places, dates, times, etc.
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

"Noli nothis permittere te terere."

Keep me posted! Germany sounds nice and central.
    SBW

Great idea,

"All my bags are packed, Im ready to go"

Let me know if something to help or do.

Christoph

Great idea! I'm in, provided I'm in-country.

This is starting to get good.

If you're interested in attending, keep letting me know. Start spreading the word to others you know that might be interested in attending. Let's try and get as many people as we can.
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

In the Black Forest there are quite alot of permanent Boy Scout, Youth groups camps that usually consist of a building with kitchen etc. and a smaller campground. Usually those camps are not in the villages. This year some friends and I had a party an entire weekend in such a location. I will ask my friend who organized the event about phone numbers etc. The Black Forest is about a 1-3 h drive south/south east of the Rhein-Main-K-Town-Area.

What do you think about that?

Gebuesch1,

That is an excellent idea! I didn't even think about those camps. My wife and I were the camp medics at a Boy Scout camp this past summer at a camp near Ansbach.

Please check into your idea.
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic