Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kifaru Pack???

Default New Kifaru Pack???

Caught this over on the Bowsite forums
    http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforum...ges=19&forum=2

We had to have Obama to get Ron Paul

Default Re: New Kifaru Pack???

Not another one! Good thing i am pretty much set in the pack department, at least i hope

Sounds interesting and very large. Can't wait to see it. The other goodies are what I am interested in.the add ons that will work with our current gear.

Nice Find, Lab-Roamer. And I was thinking that my weekend has been too enjoyable, and that I needed something to make me want Monday to come around faster. Thanks

It does sounds quite big, but I am intrigued. The response was to a guy who was torn between a ZXR and a Hauler. Hmmm, 7200 cubes, but also works well as a day pack, it says.
    MojoSlim

Sounds like a 500d version of the UL series more or less. Should be a great pack for a lot of different uses.
    We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

Gents, Monday the 1st is the date I agreed Aron could start talking about the new pack. On the 'net and so forth. Looks like he was having so much fun out in the backcountry with his sat phone he started early. Okay by me, it's a fun thing.

But we don't yet have anything on this pack up on the website, and we're not at all geared up for taking orders. The "official" Announcement and order processing is targeted for August 15th.

So. The only thing we can do at the moment is "let the word out" on it's coming--which friend Aron has done--and ask everybody to sit tight till we get the whole tamale fleshed out and on the website.

Lab-Roamer, I'd be much obliged if you could pass this on to the folks over at Bowsite. We don't have enough Staff to start fielding questions at the Shop on Monday morning, heaven knows, and could sure use some help heading that off till the website can explain the particulars. Pictures, specs, price, that sort of thing.

You regular readers here at Kifaru will be tickled with the name for this pack: TIMBERLINE. I think ol' Bill will be proud.

I'll start fielding questions right here if Aron's sketch on Bowsite doesn't suffice. Aron persuaded me to do outside POCKETS on the thing. They worked out beautifully. Very intelligent placement, and they'll hold a LOT of important stuff--like even the biggest spotters and tripods. Etc. This is a very advanced pack, and quite lightweight for being seriously bullet-proof as well.

Patrick

I would help you out but I'm not a member there. Just browse on occassion for info, tips, new gear, etc....

In a rush tonight but I'll register tomorrow and help ya out.

Pretty interested to see this pack.
    We had to have Obama to get Ron Paul

Lab-Roamer, I really appreciate you doing that. It's my policy to stay off other sites.

Post made over on Bowsite to please be patient and look forward to 8/15. Knowing Aron and Patrick, this thing should be serious!!

-Jim Levite

Patrick, with the release date being the 15th, are you still looking at 4-6 weeks out for shipment?

I will add, I think the outside pockets area must have and one of the big problems I see with packs on the market. The outside pockets need to have enough material so when the main bag is full they can actually be used, unlike some other packs. Due to shipping times, I am sure I will end up using my EMR for this season, but I would like to say THANK YOU for hearing and meeting this need of hunters.
    Last edited by a3dhunter; 07-30-2011 at 08:01 PM.