Thread: Kifaru Cargo Panel...Update!

Hybrid View

Default Kifaru Cargo Panel...Update!

Hey guys, just wanted to bring you up to speed on our Cargo Panel with a complete description and photos. The Cargo Panel you see in the photos is a pre-production model that is in the final testing stage. What you're looking at is basically the production model, because any changes would be minor. This first batch of photos is just the begining of many photos that I will be posting over the next few days in this thread.

The Cargo Panel is not available to order yet, but very soon. I will let you know when it goes live. The price has been set at $120.00 and the details below will explain what you are getting for that price.

We decided to develop the Cargo Panel after looking at what's out there from the competition and trying to offer something with more versatility. As you will see in the specs some of the differences are much more modularity, with a lot more real estate for pockets and Pods. There are 3 different adjustable height options. The compression straps are removable and there are 3 for each side with multiple attachment points. This allows you to use 0-3 straps on each side and arranged at any angle you want depending on the load. Another difference is that our Cargo Panel can be used on our Duplex Frame and all of our packs from the Express on up. There are 2 options to carry it when not in use. On the Duplex Frame packs, it can be attached to the frame and then sandwiched between the frame and bag. It can also be rolled up and cinched down on itself. I'm sure I forgot a couple more things, but I think you get the idea. Here are some specs:

-The Cargo Panel dimensions are 36" long and 13" wide. It can be folded over to 26" long or to 19" long.
    -On the outside there are 16 rows of PALS webbing with 8 channels across. There are 6 sets of tab loops for Pods and such spaced out vertically down the panel.
    -On the inside there 5 sets of common loops/tab loops spaced out vertically again down the panel. These will allow you to hang some of our Lock n Load pockets or Dock n Lock pockets horizontally.
    -There are 7 common loops on each side of the panel for attaching compression straps.
    -The Cargo Panel comes with a L&L #3 pocket that holds all of the supplied straps and hardware for mounting. There are common loops on the inside bottom to attach this pocket.
    -The weight is 1lb 15oz complete with the L&L #3 pocket and all the straps and hardware.

In the photos below you can see the outside of the panel in the 3 different height options, along with all PALS webbing and attachment points that I outlined above.

Name:  Cargo Panel 3 001.jpg
Views: 8099
Size:  56.3 KB
    Name:  Cargo Panel 3 006.jpg
Views: 7867
Size:  57.2 KB
    Name:  Cargo Panel 3 007.jpg
Views: 7944
Size:  57.0 KB

More photos coming in the next post.

Mel

Default Re: Kifaru Cargo Panel

Guys, these photos show the inside of the panel with the #3 L&L attached at the bottom, all the compression straps laid out around the panel, and the 2 straps that wrap around from the back of the Duplex Frame with the SR buckles for the compression straps to click into. These have scuba webbing tabs that hook onto the sides of the frame.

Name:  Cargo Panel 3 002.jpg
Views: 7937
Size:  53.6 KB

Name:  Cargo Panel 3 003.jpg
Views: 7853
Size:  58.6 KB

Name:  Cargo Panel 3 008.jpg
Views: 7810
Size:  55.7 KB

More photos coming.

Mel

The first photo shows a #7 L&L and 2 #5 L&L pockets attached to the inside panel. The last photo shows the panel folded over to the 26" length with a couple L&L pockets on the inside and the Cargo Panel wrapped around a sleeping bag stuffed in there. You will notice that I only used 1 compression strap on each side.

Name:  Cargo Panel 3 004.jpg
Views: 7838
Size:  56.4 KB

Name:  Cargo Panel 3 005.jpg
Views: 7733
Size:  37.1 KB

I've will be taking many more photos showing different configurations, so stay tuned.

Mel

Hey guys, here is something a little bulkier in the Cargo Panel on the Duplex Frame. It is a Mountainsmith rolling duffel.

Name:  Cargo Panel 2 002.jpg
Views: 8005
Size:  34.3 KB

Name:  Cargo Panel 2 003.jpg
Views: 7908
Size:  32.7 KB

Oh yeah, there is a ton of room for pockets on the front of that Cargo Panel!

Mel

This works with a g1 emr

Hey Nake, it's been awhile brother! Yes, it works with all of our frames and packs. Next time I get down your way, which could be soon, I'll bring it down so you can check it out.

Mel

Just what I was looking for to carry a Watershed Dry Bag:
    http://drybags.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?...=UtilityLiners

My Wife doesn't know it yet but she is going to get me a 26" Duplex Frame and a Cargo Panel for Christmas.

Default Re: Kifaru Cargo Panel...Update!

Darn it...I haven't been in the forum for awhile and this is what I find.

It's brilliant!

A cross shaped cargo panel, but with short "arms"?
    I've been toying with the idea of cutting mine open and inserting a piece of 1/4-1/2" closed cell foam to act as a stiffener. Granted, this would eliminate the possibility of rolling it and folding it for use on smaller packs, but it'd make mounting pods and pockets easier and (IMHO) be more functional for those of us who use the cargo panel on a frame as a standalone ruck/load carrier.

Maybe, though I know production is higher priority than redesigns on existing products, a dedicated cargo panel ruck could be produced that is cross shaped and either stiffened or has a zipper or Velcro seam at the bottom to facilitate adding of a stiffener.

Default Re: Kifaru Cargo Panel...Update!

Quote Originally Posted by walkingxthunder View Post
    A cross shaped cargo panel, but with short "arms"? ?...

Maybe, though I know production is higher priority than redesigns on existing products, a dedicated cargo panel ruck could be produced that is cross shaped and either stiffened or has a zipper or Velcro seam at the bottom to facilitate adding of a stiffener.
    I have a Marauder... My plan for a hunting pack will be to piggyback the Marauder to Duplex/cargo panel hauler and use UL pods on the frame for my "pack".... Anyway you are describing something very similar to other offerings from other companies. I was toying with a similar concept to what you suggest and using Long Pockets Docked and Locked on either side with half the long pockets attached to the cargo panel and the other half attached to the duplex frame. The frame, panel and long pockers would be able house just about any assault pack. I currently don't have any of thos items. That will be remedied next spring. Maybe someone with a duplex frame, cargo panel, and lon pockets can give this a try and report back.

pat