Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who owns Yellowstone Park?

Default Re: Who owns Yellowstone Park?

Quote Originally Posted by elmbow View Post
    Never saw one painted black on black, they were all an ugly olive drab color, wierd, huh?
    Not in my opinion it isn't that weird.
    Mike,

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. - C.S. Lewis

Elmbow, after rereading my post of 'Not really' I thought I should better explain myself so you wouldn't think me a kook, crank, or smart azz.

About 12 years ago I was at a property I own SE of OKC doing something (I remember not). The property rises up a hill from a seasonal creek bed with a hill opposite, it's probably, about a 100 feet or so in elevation. I was on the top of the hill when the helicopter flew up the creek bed, between the hills, just over the trees very slowly. I was no more than 200 yards from it at most, and I had a pair of binoculars on me. He was only slightly higher than me. It was flat black and I couldn't see any markings until I used my binoculars. They were also black but a different shade of black.*

The copilot was using a set of binoculars looking down into the creek bed. He finally started searching up the hillside until he spotted me standing there watching them. At that point, I literally saw the copilot's lips move as he spoke into the mic to tell the pilot I was there. The pilot glanced my way and the chopper took off - quickly.

A few months after that I was having lunch with a friend who was a Sargent at a city in southern Oklahoma (he worked drugs and is now retired). I asked him about what I'd seen and he told me about it being a NG helicopter and how it worked with the drug task force. He said it was used occasionally for looking for suspected pot fields but it was normally flown at night for surveillance. He said they used some sort of clear marking liquid that agents would paint on a suspects vehicle (usually the roof). The 'paint' would glow quite brightly for the fleer system to pick up. Using this setup allowed the bird to stay way off even to the point of loosing the vehicle they were following. It made it very hard for the bad guys to know they were being fallowed. But if they did loose the vehicle it could be re-acquired easily by just flying in the area.*

He also said, it worked full time with the task forces working drugs, and if I remember correctly, he said there were 2 in the state. He also told me the one I had seen was probably out of the Norman airfield. Which I thought was kind of funny since that is a commercial airport.

About a year after my conversation with my friend I found myself running back and forth between OKC and downtown Norman. So one day I drove past the hangers at Max Westheimer airport to take a look, and sure enough, there was a small hanger with a couple cars parked out front and a little sign, saying something about it being NG property. After that I got in the habit of getting off of I-35 early and driving down Flood street past the airport into Norman. Finally, early one evening, when I was heading back, that hanger had its door open and the chopper was pulled out front on a wheeled platform. It looked to be the same one I had seen.
    Mike,

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. - C.S. Lewis

I was just messing with you too Oktec. It is not a bit unusual for the Guard to own commercial aircraft. I'd venture that every state has at least one corporate jet for ferrying the TAG around the state and country, sometimes accompanied by the Governor, other Generals, etc. to their various "Tailhook" activities. The Title 32 Drug interdiction program is funded primarily with FBI and DEA moneys. I'm not surprised they have some specialty aircraft set up for their missions. It just 't'aint no conspiracy theory scenario with them looking to keep civilians away from secretive hidden compounds and U.N prisons, if you get my drift.
    If you head on down to Ft. Huachuca in SE AZ on the Mexican border, you'll see all sorts of Guard personnel working the drug mission there, even though it's an active duty Army base. Courts have decided that using soldiers paid with title 32 (state channeled DOD funds) complies with posse comitatus restrictions that prohibit AD (Title 10) soldiers from participating in CONUS missions. The general ignorant call for using AD military on CONUS missions that came out of Katrina scared me. Americans can be pretty ignorant of their own laws at times. Eventually, Congress did okay the formation of a North American Command. I wrote all of my representatives about that, expressing my misgivings and opinion that it was unconstitutional and was assured by all of them (for what that's worth) that it was formed in compliance with current constitutional and statutory regulations.

Ever Vigilant should be our watchword when it comes to the activities of our own government. Keep the bastards honest!

elmbow's just pissed because the black helicopter found his stash last year and cleaned him out, he hasn't been himself lately.
    "Neither sport nor art should be unnecessarily cluttered and complicated."

Personally I don't get into the conspiracy stuff but things like operation f"ast and furious" have my concern.

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=15228
    Good hunting, be safe and enjoy your back-country adventures!
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    United Bowhunters of N.J. Life Member
    Trout Unlimited Life Member
    www.triggerthevote.org
    http://www.nranews.com
    http://www.ussportsmen.org
    CJRPC & ANJRPC Life Member

"If your not working to protect hunting/AMERICA, Then you are working to destroy it"

-Fred Bear

I think the attraction to conspiracies is that most folks would rather think that someone, somewhere actually understands and controls things, even if for evil purposes, rather than thinking a bunch of idiots just fumble along. Hence the Bilderbergers, the CFR, Skull & Bones and so on and suchlike.

I also don't believe that the Mayans, the ancient Egyptians or anyone else knew more about future happenings than we do. (If you really examine the various writings, including the Bible, you can see how many adhere to John Campbell's observation that "it pays for a prophet to be not too specific.")

Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    elmbow's just pissed because the black helicopter found his stash last year and cleaned him out, he hasn't been himself lately.
    I knew a fellow once't back in the day. He and his pot smoking buddies would squirrel away a tiny bit of each primo buy they made during the course of the year, and then, usually about a month prior to the archery elk hunt, they would take their assembled aromatic treasures, seal them up tight, and stash them close to their elk hunting camp, and then swear blood oaths never to reveal the location, even at the point of a knife. This all went off like clockwork for some years, and each evening in camp, after toiling the forest primeval for the large venison quarry, they would enjoy a bowl over the glowing campfire embers. I can only imagine the visions they enjoyed of the milky way as they regaled the day's adventures and planned the morrow's. All good tales have their end however, and theirs ended like this: One year, they were careless in the sealing up of the precious pot and upon arrival in camp that year, much to their dismay, they discovered their precious weed had molded and sogged. Elk camp that year was plagued with one mishap after the other, and from then on, they never returned to that accursed location. I wonder what ever happened to him?

He moved to Southern Utah?
    "Neither sport nor art should be unnecessarily cluttered and complicated."

Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    He moved to Southern Utah?
    You think? I might try to find him and renew aquaintances, he was one hell of a nice guy, great bowhunter, and woodsman too.

He look anything like this guy?
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Mike,