Thread: Could you compare a Siwash to a 3700?

Default Could you compare a Siwash to a 3700?

I ordered a 3700 this week and have a question. I have been thinking maybe I should have upgraded to the 5200 waist belt as has been a topic of discussion.

Maybe Patrick or Mel could compare the capabilities of the standard 3700 suspension to those of a Generation 1 Siwash with which Iím familiar.

Is the new suspension on the 3700 more or less comfortable when loaded than the Siwash? I know that my old Siwash is 500 cubic inches larger, but I would be talking about equal weights.

If the 3700 is not as capable as my old Siwash, if I upgraded to the 5200 waist belt on the 3700 would that take its capabilities to as good, or better than the Gen 1 Siwash?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me. It will really help with this kind of comparison, but I do realize that Iím asking a rather personally subjective question. I would just like to hear your opinions.

Thanks,
    Terry K.

Default Re: Could you compare a Siwash to a 3700?

Terry, the Siwash and KU 3700 share the same suspension--the Wrap Tech. BUT, the KU 3700 features the new G2 Wrap Tech Suspension. Ergo, it will be an upgrade from your G1 Siwash. Simple as that. It will perform better, as is.

Default Re: Could you compare a Siwash to a 3700?

Patrick,
    Thanks for the quick and reasuring reply. Now the hard part, to sit back and wait for the 3700 to arrive.

Thanks again,
    Terry K.