Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
WTS: TAD Gear Battle Hoodie, OD, Medium

Thread: WTS: TAD Gear Battle Hoodie, OD, Medium

Cool WTS: TAD Gear Battle Hoodie, OD, Medium

Gauging interest mainly at this point, since I really like this as a casual jacket, but I'm not convinced it has a place in my wardrobe any more. Sad.

So it's a TAD Gear Battle Hoodie, in OD, size Medium. It has been used quite a lot but is in excellent condition. It has been to awesome places including to an active volcano (consequently I'm reluctant to see it go, but...).

The OD colour is quite dark - really nice, I think. The hood design is excellent and will keep the weather out (and it will *just about* fit over a lid - I tried it over my climbing helmet and it was tight but it just about works - but it's probably not designed for it). Lots of pockets including an internal one (perfect for an iPod or anything a little bigger), 2 chest pockets (high enough to go above a pack waistbelt), 2 upper arm pockets (bellowed, with velcro on the outside) and a small 'ski-pass' type pocket on the lower left arm. Also has a wire-routing thing inside the collar for your earphone cable, which is neat.

Cotton ripstop outer is not water resistant but it is lined and is certainly nice and toasty. It is also non-melting if fire-resistance is important to you. Would make a great jacket out in Afghanistan or Iraq when it's cold and dry...

I can't remember how much this was new from TAD, but a MC unlined one just went on eBay for $300 (180 or so). So there's your starting price! But I am open to offers - that's really just a very rough guide.

Would part-ex or trade (depending) ONLY for the following items:
    - Rab Alpine 600 down sleeping bag

I would of course ship outside of the UK at the buyer's expense.

If you're interested, please post and/or PM me! Pics on request (but it looks pretty much like any other Battle Hoodie).

Cheers,
    James
    Last edited by jadias; 02-02-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Got a Baltoro, don't want another one in trade!
    I understand that you little guys start out with your Woobies and you think they're great... and they are, they're terrific. But pretty soon, a Woobie isn't enough. You're out on the street trying to score an electric blanket, or maybe a quilt. And the next thing you know, you're strung out on bedspreads, Ken. That's serious.

Default Re: WTS: TAD Gear Battle Hoodie, OD, Medium

I'd pay $100 for it, maybe $150 in good shape. PM me if you want to get rid of it...

I just found my original invoice and it was $240 new. This has no damage and is in excellent shape despite the wear. I don't know what constitutes a good price really. $100 is way low, but $150 doesn't seem so bad.

That said, for $150 I'd be tempted to hang on to it. Let me think about it. I'm hoping someone will buy some of my other stuff so I can keep this!
    I understand that you little guys start out with your Woobies and you think they're great... and they are, they're terrific. But pretty soon, a Woobie isn't enough. You're out on the street trying to score an electric blanket, or maybe a quilt. And the next thing you know, you're strung out on bedspreads, Ken. That's serious.

Definitely back up for sale. Offers welcome. Start at 170 plus postage (probably a bit high) and go from there.

This makes a great jacket for those chilly summer evenings when you're sipping beers after a backyard BBQ, or any number of scenarios when it's cool and dry and you want to wear something cozy.

Cheers