Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Patrick Kifaru video

Question Looking for a Patrick Kifaru video

Hi, I've been looking and reading this forum for some-time now. Can someone please help me locate a video of Patrick as he was backpacking, camping an unnamed lake and doing some fly fishing with a friend? I just enjoyed the whole vid and I wanted to share it with my wife.

Thanks

Ernie

Default Re: Looking for a Patrick Kifaru video

Here is part 2 of the goat packing trip, not sure if that is the one.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kifarutu.../8/HxoxSM3DWGs
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot." ~ Steven Wright

Awesome video, just not the one I was looking for.... There was just Patrick and another fella, they were backpacking an unnamed lake and a 4 man tipi with stove. Patrick's friend was filmed fly flishing ,the quality of vid was good and the scenery was amazing. I'm not sure how I ran into it, it's one I havent seen before and I cant seem to find it.

Thank you billybass,

Maybe Patrick can chime in.
    Last edited by NoviceCamper; 12-29-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Haven't seen the video but I know where they were. Try sending Sawtooth a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoviceCamper View Post
    Hi, I've been looking and reading this forum for some-time now. Can someone please help me locate a video of Patrick as he was backpacking, camping an unnamed lake and doing some fly fishing with a friend? I just enjoyed the whole vid and I wanted to share it with my wife.

Thanks

Ernie
    Hello, Ernie. I'll try my best to help out here. There have been a several videos shot and posted of what you describe. I've looked at both Kifaru's and my own You Tube channels, and haven't come up with it, but I'll keep at it. It was undoubtedly a ramble that Patrick and I did, but I'm not sure of the year. Perhaps you can tell me if you know? Thanks!
    "Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala
    Sihote'-Alin Range, Ussuria, 1902

www.tenkaratracks.com
    http://fishrigs.com/

Hi Sawtooth,

Not sure of the year, I know there was some wording to the video along with voice recording of Patrick. Wording said something similiar to "camping and fishing on an unnammed lake". You were laying down in the 4 man tipi/stove, with a hat on your face and arms folded, had a tan flyfishing shirt on and was filmed with a flyrod fishing on the unnammed lake. Thats pretty much the content of the vid, it was about 4 mins long.

Thanks for looking into it for me, I know the rest of the forum members would love to see the video.

Ernie

Ahhh, that was shot on Independence Day in 2007, I think. I'll dig some more.
    "Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala
    Sihote'-Alin Range, Ussuria, 1902

www.tenkaratracks.com
    http://fishrigs.com/

Sawtooth,

I think that it was originally posted here in one of Patrick's early posts. Here is the URL: http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthre...Basin-Ramble-2

Unfortunately, it isn't there anymore when I tried the link. Maybe they have it stored somewhere in an archive.

Nate3d Guest

Search "Kifaru July Ramble" on YouTube. I edited the video and posted it years ago before we had our own Kifarutube channel.

Nice video, hadn't seen that one before. What is the song at the beginning?
    "Wild country has the power to remind civilized people that out there is a different world, older and greater and deeper by far than ours, a world which surrounds and sustains the little world of men." - Edward Abbey