Thread: Pocket ?s

Default Pocket ?s

Couple of quick ?s

Will the G1 E&E accept the new KU water bottle pockets?

What makes the best top pocket? Are pods the only items that fit on the top?

I am so torn on which KU pack to get - I do a lot of day hikes and the KU2200 fits that bill perfect, but the backpacker in me says go big - ohhh the agony of choices

Default Re: Pocket ?s

I'm trying to decide between the 3700 and the 5200. I'm thinking a 3700 with an KU E&E and pockets is what I'll wind up with.

Yea, unfortunate for my checkbook - I can see myself with several. And that new KU E&E with upgraded shoulder straps off of my G1 E&E will be a great fly fishing pack for me.

Quote Originally Posted by aklivin View Post
    Yea, unfortunate for my checkbook - I can see myself with several. And that new KU E&E with upgraded shoulder straps off of my G1 E&E will be a great fly fishing pack for me.
    I would think the Koala would be THE fly-fishing pack, especially where a S&W 629 is indicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-knee View Post
    I'm trying to decide between the 3700 and the 5200. I'm thinking a 3700 with an KU E&E and pockets is what I'll wind up with.
    This same setup + a pod on top is what I have been looking at, with one exception. With the 5200 only being about $40 more, you get a bunch of volume for a very low price add. The one thing I have not been able to piece together yet are the pack dimensions other than relative sizes with the Kifaru testers and the photos on the KU site. Realizing the long pockets on the side will make the 5200 even wider I wonder how much interference there might be with arm movement (front to back) while trekking.

aklivin, the G1 E&E will not accomodate the new KU Bottle Pocket, sorry.

KU Long Pockets will also fit KU pack top lids.

Wind Talker, Long Pockets on the side of the 5200 do NOT inhibit movement in any way.

Thanks Patrick. When would you anticipate having the pack dimensions listed?

Just wanted to expand on the the above questions some.....I currently own the G1 Longhunter Guide Model and am thinking I need a KU setup like the one shown in the picture on the Dock and Lock web page, a KU pack with side long pockets, and maybe add an E&E to the back. With this material looking very slick and having the pockets attach with buckles, do these pockets slide and/or move around on the pack any? One of my favorite things about my LH is the fact everything fits inside and there is nothing to move around or get caught on things. Am I going to have an issue with a smaller pack with pockets attached to the outside? Do the external pockets make a nylon on nylong rubbing sound as you walk? Thanks for any insight you can provide...