Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Krenz' passing, originall posted under Back From the Stomping Grounds

Default Re: Bill Krenz' passing, originall posted under Back From the Stomping Grounds

My thoughts and Prayers go out to the whole Krenz family.

It seems like Mr. Krenz lived life to the fullest, and truly enjoyed life too. I guess it's true that the brightest candle burns the quickest.

Rest in Peace Mr. Krenz.
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

"Noli nothis permittere te terere."

Default Re: Bill Krenz' passing, originall posted under Back From the Stomping Grounds

My prayers and condolences.

I was lucky. I got to know Bill thru bowhunting when he still lived here in California. As I recall he managed the BowHut in Mammoth in the 70s and it moved to Visalia in the 80s. In the early 80's he and I served together on the Calif. Bowmen Hunters Big Game Committee. I also got to shoot a few broadhead tournaments with Bill. Back then he hunted Colorado with the Gulman family,,,,and eventually that is where he moved with his family. After California he moved on to other states and jobs with I believe PSE, Hoyt, and Bear Archery. Most who know him from this forum knew his connection to the magazines, etc. I had a nice talk with Bill at the last Pope and Young convention. I sure didn't expect it to be our last.
    His passing leaves a giant hole in the world for those of us who love the outdoors. He set the bar high.

Rest In Peace Bill,,,

Dave Semple (Tree)

I am so sad to hear of this news. I've enjoyed so many of his posts.

Prayers of comfort sent for the loved ones he left behind...

"It always brought me joy whenever he would directly address any comments that I had posted on the Kifaru message board."

Flatbow, I'm sure most of us felt this way. It was like getting noticed by Michael Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by BowDoc View Post
    "It always brought me joy whenever he would directly address any comments that I had posted on the Kifaru message board."

Flatbow, I'm sure most of us felt this way. It was like getting noticed by Michael Jordan.
    Glad I'm not alone.

So sad.
    What a great guy, I never had the privilege of meeting him, but reading here....you just knew he was the real deal. I looked forward to all his posts - even his trading post listings were great.

My deepest condolences to his family.
    Bitt

It was with disbelief, shock and a stabbing sorrow in my heart when I learned that Bill had abruptly left this mortal plane.

My sincerest condolences go out to his wife, his family and his many friends and acquaintances during this difficult time.

I’ve heard it said that one of the best ways to be successful in this all too short life is to work at what you love and love what you work at. Bill obviously proved this to be true in the various facets of his personal and professional life. We would all do well in however long our own lives might be to live out what he has in 58 short years.

I always appreciated how he enthusiastically shared his deep knowledge and passion for all things outdoors. He was a true gentleman and a man worthy respect and admiration.

In his words and photography, he brought us along on hunting adventures around the world that relatively few of us have ever experienced, or ever will. That he did so humbly was a testament to the quality of the man. He was one of the finer examples of a man that I've ever had the good fortune to meet and come to know.

He has trekked on to the happy hunting grounds and we would all be so fortunate to one day join him on an ethereal adventure.

To him I say, “I hope to see you again Timberline. But not for a long time”.

Allen

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
    Failing to prepare is, generally speaking, preparing very well to do the wrong thing.
    Liberalism is the philosophy of Western suicide. - James Brunham
    Reviews are only as good as the crowd reviewing them.
    Illegitimi non carborundum!

Oh man... been out of town at the ranch working and just saw this... should be obvious to anyone that was on this or other forums Timberline (Bill) was a thoroughly decent man... RIP and condolences to his loved ones.

-Brad
    Formerly "Brad"... Member #115 Registered 2002 And Uncerimoniously Dumped!

Quote Originally Posted by gonehuntn View Post
    Bill's son has graciously given me permission to post information about the funeral services:
    12-18 Services 11 am New Life Church
    Just saw this, not surprising Bill was a Christian... it showed. My wife sang at New Life in the early 90's via a travelling Christian Ministry and I doubt you could have attended the church back then unless you were a believer... See you later Bill...
    Formerly "Brad"... Member #115 Registered 2002 And Uncerimoniously Dumped!