Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Bill Krenz' passing, originall posted under Back From the Stomping Grounds

Default Re: Bill Krenz' passing, originall posted under Back From the Stomping Grounds

Thoroughly enjoyed Bill's detailed and thought provoking posts, what a shame to lose him so soon. If anything, a reminder for us not to squander what time we each have left, Bill surely did not.

Montana-somewhere between the lake's and the mountains

Default Re: Bill Krenz' passing, originall posted under Back From the Stomping Grounds

"In the end its not the years in your life that count but rather the life in your years"-
    Abraham Lincoln
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison

Always enjoyed his posts. His pictures and his writing were superb. Prayers sent to his family. Godbless.

I did not have the honor of meeting Bill in person. Rather, I got to know him through his writing. His ability to craft a story with words and pictures that grabbed you was amazing. If he took the time to write it, it was worth reading. He was a true sportsman and emblematic of the commitment to real hunting that we all share on this board. He readily shared his knowledge and expertise in a way we all were able to enjoy. One of the things that I appreciated most was his ability to stir up the board. If there had not been a thread that recieved a lot of feedback in a while, he would throw out a topic that was sure to liven things up. I can only envision his delight at seeing us all chime in.

The summation of a persons life is memorialized by what their friends and piers say about them at their funeral. Although the members of this board are scattered about the globe, his family shall be comforted with the knowledge that we all had a lot to say! Rest in Peace, Phil Abraham (Doug Fir)

Although I have never met him in person, I feel sorry about his death.

I've been lurking around the Kifaru forums for several years, ever since I first learned of the Kifaru Rambling Rifle. Over that time, I found myself searching for threads started by Mr. Krenz, as well as his comments posted in threads started by others. I never had the privilege of meeting him, but as others have said here, Mr. Krenz' influence extended well beyond those who knew him personally. I greatly admired his writing, his photography, his open mind and his respect for others. I've never particularly felt the desire or need to post until I read of his passing. My condolences and prayers to his family.

Just noticed this. Timberline's posts were always thorough, informative and enjoyable to read. I never met him but considered that I knew him as a friend in this online community.

I have not been on the forum for a few months but decided to check in this morning. I was very taken back by the announcement of Timberline's passing.

I did not know Bill personally but he and I grew up 100 miles away from each other in Wisconsin a few years apart. During the mid 70's and early 80's I was very active in archery in Wisconsin and the name Bill Krenz was very well known and respected. Over the years I have enjoyed many articles written by Bill.

I moved to Colorado Springs in 1981 and had no idea Bill Krenz was in Colorado Springs until I put 2+2 together from this forum in 2008!

His life was well spent and legacy left. My sincere condolences go out to his family.

He will be missed!
    Last edited by wd; 12-27-2010 at 05:16 PM.
    WDPhillips, "Trinidad Bill", Trinidad, Colorado

I am shocked. I sold Bill a Dozier knife a while back and overnighted it to him for his antelope hunt. I truly hope he was able to enjoy it in the short time he owned it.

God Bless and God speed.
    In case of emergency, please hang up and dial America

TR, if you overnighted it to Bill, he enjoyed it. That man packed a lot of life into 58 years. A great life in fact.....he excelled at everythign he did. Hunter, father, husband, grandfather, and friend.