Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Krenz' passing, originall posted under Back From the Stomping Grounds

Default Re: Bill Krenz' passing, originall posted under Back From the Stomping Grounds

I really shocked to hear this. I really enjoy Bill's posts.
    Prayers to his family.

wolfmen

Default Re: Bill Krenz' passing, originall posted under Back From the Stomping Grounds

My heart sank when i read this. For those that never met Bill in person he was as good a man as any ive ever met and a terrific story teller and hunting authority. I learned more from Bill in a few 15 min conversations than i may learn in years on my own. He will be terribly missed at the rendezvous and on this forum.
    "Luck is just preparation meeting opportunity"

Very sad to hear. My prayers and thoughts are with his family.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take

Heavy news, and so close to Christmas. My deepest sympathies to his family.

I will miss his posts.

A truly great man, mentor, teacher and friend to all of us here. I will miss his thoughtful insight and good humor. Good bye my good friend Bill....and yes I drive a minivan.

There was nothing related to hunting that Bill Krenz was not an authority on. You alway knew his opinions were based on many years of personal experience. I just recently sent a new recurve to Bill for him to test. He spent about two weeks with it and wrote up the most detailed report including, as always some great technical insight and photos. I will miss chatting with him about "old time archery". Prayers for his family.

Bill's son has graciously given me permission to post information about the funeral services:

The Krenz family has scheduled services to celebrate the life of Bill Krenz, editor and publisher of Inside Archery and Bowhunt America, who unexpectedly passed on Monday.

Funeral Service and Travel Information:

Fri. 12-17 Visitation 4-8 pm Swan Law Funeral Directors

Sat. 12-18 Viewing 10 am New Life Church

12-18 Services 11 am New Life Church

12-18 Post-service reception Krenz household

Please ship all flowers, gifts and care packages to Swan Law Funeral Directors or the Krenz household, the addresses are listed below.

Funeral attendees can book discounted travel arrangements through the Dignity Memorial Travel Program. Call 1-800-344-6489 or visit dignitymemorial.com to make reservations. When making reservations, notify the agent that this is in regards to the Bill Krenz funeral with the Swan Law Funeral Directors, and use the reference number 2325.

Attendees requiring lodging can receive discounted rates at the Air Force Academy Hampton Inn and Suites across the street from New Life Church. When booking, please inform the hotel that you would like the discounted rate for the Krenz funeraló$69/night.

Air Force Academy Hampton Inn and Suites

1307 Republic Drive

Colorado Springs, CO 80921

719-598-6911

hamptonafa.com

New Life Church

11025 Voyager Pkwy

Colorado Springs, CO 80921

719-594-6602

newlifechurch.org

Swan Law Funeral Directors

501 N. Cascade Ave.

Colorado Springs, CO 80903

719-471-9900

swan-law.com

thanks, eric.

One other note: Bill's son told me that his grizzly had come back from the taxidermist last week. Bill passed away as he was relaxing beside his trophy.

Our deepest condolences go out to Bill and his family and loved ones.

God Bless Timberline
    Good hunting, be safe and enjoy your back-country adventures!
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    United Bowhunters of N.J. Life Member
    Trout Unlimited Life Member
    www.triggerthevote.org
    http://www.nranews.com
    http://www.ussportsmen.org
    CJRPC & ANJRPC Life Member

"If your not working to protect hunting/AMERICA, Then you are working to destroy it"

-Fred Bear