Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2004

imported_Mark Guest

Default SHOT Show 2004

Patrick/Mel,

Will Kifaru be exhibiting at the SHOT Show in Las Vegas next February?

If you hadn't planned on it, please consider doing so. It's an amazing event. Even if the primary purpose is for manufacturers to display their wares to retailers (which wouldn't apply to direct marketers like you), there are a LOT of users there.

Okay, I'll sweeten the deal... I'll buy you a pitcher of beer if you guys exhibit...

Default Re: SHOT Show 2004

Mark:

We will not be displaying at the Shot Show this year. We were all set to do it, but they are very PC about the word "military" being used. Our catalogs say "Kifaru Military Gear", and our labels on the gear say the same. We could have went as "Kifaru" or "Kifaru International", but then would have had to print up new catalogs without the word "military", and take the labels off all the gear. I personally talked to 3 different Shot Show officials about this, and they were adamant on this issue. The words "tactical" or "law enforcement" are OK, though. Go figure!? I was told by a couple long time Shot Show vendors that if we signed up simply as "Kifaru", more than likely our catalogs and labels would largely go unnoticed by officials. We figured it wasn't worth the chance, considering the cost of booth space. I will be cruising the Shot Show this year, and will definately be asking many questions concerning this issue. Anyone else here on the message board going?

Mel

errr YUP

I will be there

EGG
    Yo Gabba Gabba!

What do I need to get in there? Some sort of pass or something? After all, I'm just an unimportant little civilian!

Mel,

Sorry to hear that words will stop you guys from showing off you wares. [sad face]

--Evans

fwiw, i'll be at SHOT and i'll be walking around with my marauder to stick all those brochures in fer sure. so you WILL see at least a couple of kifaru products there [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    cheers,
    MM

what is it about us Asian folk having HIGH priced nylon fetishes :-) Will see you there too MM

EGG
    Yo Gabba Gabba!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by eggroll:
    what is it about us Asian folk having HIGH priced nylon fetishes :-) Will see you there too MM
    EGG
    </div></div>hey egg, speak for yourself - some of us can't afford the spendy nylons at victoria's secret. i have to buy my wife's at walmart.
    cheers,
    MM

Very strange rule for "No go" for military ?

Go figure [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by ibtrdia:
    Very strange rule for "No go" for military ?
    Go figure [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    </div></div>uh-huh. just can't use the word 'military' in your display of select-fire, suppressed, black rifles with grenade launchers and IR lasers mounted on them. that's 'PC' taken to the point of absurdity.
    MM