Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EMR PACK FOR POSSIBLE USMC PROCUREMENT

Default EMR PACK FOR POSSIBLE USMC PROCUREMENT

KIFARU Staff,
    The Marines are currently looking for new gear to replace the MOLLE. Send your sales rep to Headquaters Marine Corps as soon as possible. We need a durable, effective pack. Looks like your team has got it right. Marines like me are desperate for a replacement and unfortunately are at the mercy of the military supply system. If I could afford it I would buy your product and model it for the Comandant himself if I thought it would get your EMR pack adopted. However, I have to ask these questions.

1. While in the prone does your pack interfear with the head when fully loaded?
    2. Can your pack withstand carrying Machineguns, Mortors, and ammunition?
    3. Can your pack handle being thrown out of a 5-ton truck when fully loaded with out breaking the frame (big problem with MOLLE)?

This could be a big business opportunity for you. 100,000 orders are a possibility since if we can spend about $800 a copy for the MOLLE then we can afford $500 for your EMR pack.

Frustrated Marine,
    SSgt W. J. Bush

Default Re: EMR PACK FOR POSSIBLE USMC PROCUREMENT

SSgt. Bush (good name!)--

Thank you very much for alerting us. And for the encouraging words about our EMR pack. Yes, it will do all the things you ask about. And, FYI, we are "in the loop" as to evaluating the EMR as a replacement for MOLLE. It is happening now. Please stand by. We sincerely think we can provide the very best gear to honorable men just like you.

Respectfully,

Patrick Smith

1. While in the prone does your pack interfear with the head when fully loaded?
    What ruck doesn't?

2. Can your pack withstand carrying Machineguns, Mortors, and ammunition?
    Nothing is idiot proof, if it is poorly packed it will get torn up.

3. Can your pack handle being thrown out of a 5-ton truck when fully loaded with out breaking the frame (big problem with MOLLE)?
    What moron throws his ruck? Especially with today's sensitive equipment.

In regards to item number three: "what moron throws his ruck?" the guy who has to carry it may not, but the pogues who may be transporting it or sling loading a pile of the platoon's rucks dont care who's stuff they kick out of the truck, or off the bird, or cut loose in a crosswind. Usually the most damage to rucks is caused by the idiots that don't have to carry them. Then again, who's the idiot, the guy carrying the 100 pound ruck or the guy who isn't?

What is the status on this process? Is there a USMC website for it? Is the selection process still ongoing? Who else is involved?

Messed with one of the packs the other day at supply so I guess the prosess is going along fine. Let me tell it's no emr. even tried to talk them into issuing us a pack for the month in the field. they laughed. guess 81's are not as vital as I thought.

Death
    What base are you stationed on? Schwab?lol
    I hated it there.

Rickdog good job and right on.

have checked out my other posts and pics. Maybe I can get a side by side with the new pack.

Gents,
    The packs are being evaluated now with selected USMC units (3rd Marines is one). I got to see the packs while I was at Quantico. The project officer is Capt Pinion (he knows Mel). His e-mail adress is on the USMC e-mail system (he is the only "Pinion"). The packs are o-kay but they are not Kifaru, let's put it that way. The Greggory pack I was not too impressed with but I liked the Arctyrex ( I am spelling it wrong). Comming from my experience it has some advantages in that it has some modern commercial technology in it but I do not know how it will hold up under abuse. If you Marines are testing these packs, try to use the waist belt. I know that is difficult with the issue gear but the new web gear being designed is supposed to free up the waist so you can wear the belt. Try to use the pack as it is designed and provide "realistic", hard feedback so we do not get stuck with another MOLLE desaster. Good luck.

Good tip about the waistbelt. I like to adjust it to fit around my flak and take off my buttpack and canteens during hikes. The emr has a space for the belt, but not for the buttpack.