Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
2010 Colorado Rendezvous
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Colorado Rendezvous

Default 2010 Colorado Rendezvous

The 2010 Colorado Rendezvous (the Grandaddy of 'em all) will commence on Wednesday May 19 and run through Sunday May 23. This is the weekend before Memorial Day, which has become the Tradition for this event. I will be on-site around noon, and will begin erecting tipis, establishing target boundaries, and generally getting The Encampment squared away. Anyone who arrives that early is welcome to pitch in.

As always, anyone wishing to attend will need to Register with Angie here at the Shop (www.angie@kifaru.net). Tell her how many there will be in your group. She will respond with details on getting to the site and with a general discussion on what to bring. Off the top of my head I'll summarize those items by saying bring everything you need to be self-contained in a non-"improved" car camping setting: bedding, clothing for conditions ranging from snowfall to 80*, sunscreen, rain gear, WATER, food, toiletries, etc., etc.

There will be at least one of every shelter and stove we build, and those of you who arrive early enough are welcome to claim the Tipi of your desire. If you arrive closer to Saturday/Sunday do plan on sheltering in something you brought yourself. It's a good idea to bring your own shelter anyway...just in case others have already set themselves up in all the available tipis. Bringing your own tipi is most welcome; the Encampment has come to look like a Tipi Village over the years. BRING CAMERA, as the scenery is breathtakingly beautiful, especially if you want to shoot The Village in the foreground.

Bring any sort of firearm or bow you like, and plenty of ammo...there will be a firing line that reaches out to at least 600 yards, and a seperate line for archery. Steel targets will be on location; bring your own if you like as well. Libations are traditional and welcome, but not on the firing line--and you will be expected to be clean whilst shooting, of course.

Food has traditionally been provided by everyone--a giant potluck--and has been spectacular; bring your best dishes and join the fun. Game meats will be very much in evidence.

That's about all I can think of for now. Questions are welcome. Let the 2010 Pre-Rendezvous discussion begin! And I am looking forward with great pleasure to seeing you guys!

Default Re: 2010 Colorado Rendezvous

Sweet!

Let me be the first to jump on this thread. I missed last year while I was overseas, this year my son and I plan on attending!

Looking forward to it.

GDW

As many saw earlier, Bushcraft and I will be flying in to partake of the festivities, food, firearms and fellowship! We'll be arriving in Denver late Thursday afternoon (if anyone would like to give us a lift if you're heading by the airport, we'd be most grateful).

All of you were so generous with our NW group last year, we felt we had to make sure we made it again. Patrick was good enough to help line-up and extra cooler or 2, some extra chairs and so on. So, I'll take the initiative and ask if someone has an extra cooler we'll provide some cold libations and perhaps some vittles to the fair. I'd also like to put us in line for reservations in a 6-man if one is available.

We just spent a day floating and fishing, then parting ways til we meet again at the airport to travel to the Rondy. Needless to say we are excited to have the opportunity and good fortune to be able to join you all again this year. See you all in a few weeks!
    "I hate exposure." 1st (Annual???) Super Secret Lunker Trout Lake, July 11, 2009

Not sure I'll be there this year but my cooler is yours for the taking, Randy. I can get it to someone local who is headed up if I don't go. Could provide a couple depending on how much libation you're talking about. Need camp chairs? Could probably hook you up there as well. Shoot me a PM.

I've got extra coolers that you're welcome to use.

CCH and Kevin,

Thanks for the coolers. I'd guess a couple will do for us. Just something to keep some water, food and beverage for the group will suffice. The chairs are much appreciated as well.

CCH you gotta try to make it. I mean really, what would the dinner conversation be like with no talk of monkeys, sarcasm and the like?
    "I hate exposure." 1st (Annual???) Super Secret Lunker Trout Lake, July 11, 2009

I dunno CCH...I kind of feel slighted. Here you go offering up coolers, chairs and what all...but not a peep about letting us use that fancy smancy camp trailer of yours. I suppose that puff that you hang out with has already called dibs. And he'll probably want to bring a girl. Gosh!

And don't worry about a chair for me, I'll just snag Patrick's. I liked it just fine.

Seriously though, thanks a bunch. The offer is mucho appreciated!

And BTW CCH, I just wish you could find it in your heart to spend more time with your son by bringing him out for a weekend of camping, shooting, fun and good eats. I guess I can understand you not wanting the boy to show you up on the rifle range in front of all of us though. That's understandable. Plus, I was hoping to get some feedback from you on my latest kydex holster prototype.
    Last edited by Bushcraft; 04-20-2010 at 01:13 AM.

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
    Failing to prepare is, generally speaking, preparing very well to do the wrong thing.
    Liberalism is the philosophy of Western suicide. - James Brunham
    Reviews are only as good as the crowd reviewing them.
    Illegitimi non carborundum!

CCH,

Ya gotta bring the youngster so he can share some of the meat he harvested this fall (since his dad won't be bringing any).

The family truckster will be there wearing a new coat of rustoleum.

Scoutin' Wyo, that was cold man. It also will not be forgotten.

Bushcraft, you cut me to the quick. I had seriously thought of pulling the camper up there for you to use but wasn't sure about being able to bring it back down. If we work it out, you could share it with the puff. He looks awfully silly stretched out in his banana shelter. He certainly isn't going to fit a girl in it.

Son gets to go backpacking in the desert that following week so I'm not exactly neglecting him.

Randy, as I recall I didn't actually bring up the monkeys or have THE funniest comment of the year, if not more. The monkeys belong to Evan and the comment belonged to the puff. I was the guy with the innocent query re: rocks. Reminds me, I really need to put together some kydex holsters! That PALS webbing on the Koala simply begs for multiple QDRR (quick draw rock rigs).

CCH, your kidding about not being at the rondy right?? I am going to drive almost 700 miles non stop through the middle of the night, and you, living 2 hours away, aren't even going to show up and say howdy. Whose going to help me cook all those ducks and geese everyone insisted me and the boys shoot last winter? It just won't be the same.

Please reconsider, you are the catalyst for all kinds of excellent ab workouts.

Ozark
    I seek the forest for adventure and a free, open-air hunter's life