Thread: A belt and suspenders kind of guy

Default A belt and suspenders kind of guy

We've all heard this phrase, but I mean it literally. Like a lot of people I tend to carry a lot of weight on my belt. I've tried clip suspenders but they always fly off in an embarrassing fashion and I'm too lazy to put buttons on all my pants. I just got a set of Perry suspenders though that clip very securely to a 1.5" belt, and I'm really pleased with them. Quite inexpensive but seemingly durable. And of course they can be worn under a cover garment. I'm outside digging a ditch today and am happy with having a gun belt that stays where I want it.

Just thought I'd share.

Default Re: A belt and suspenders kind of guy

Try the GI X-suspenders. These use wide elastic that crosses between the shoulders and two long brass hooks. The hooks engage a shoestring sewn on the side of the GI wool-cotton underwear, the GI OG-105 wool trousers and the GI overpants. The hooks can also engage a belt.

Arrow Re: A belt and suspenders kind of guy

Plus 1 to Ralph's comment.

I'm an old(er) guy and I swear by them (I wear them every day when deployed and always keep a pair with wet or cold weather overgarments). They are still in the system at around $5.25 a pair, but you can find them in many surplus stores for $1-3, from worn to NWTs.

The hooks work with intregal suspender loops, belts, belt loops, and even some buttons. I usually get 4-6 months of use out of a pair depending on the daily load, enviromental conditions, and how tightly worn.

Awright, I'll give these a try next.

I personally like HoldUps the best - they've pretty much got something for every body and every application.

http://www.suspenders.com/
    Critical thinking done in the absence of context and relevance can only produce something useful to someone with an overactive imagination.

Truth by assertion is the cornerstone of propaganda.

“Man is so avid for knowledge that everything he touches turns to facts; his faith becomes theology, his love becomes lechery, his wisdom becomes science. Pursuing meaning, he ignores truth.”