Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PHOTOS of Your Light Hunting Rifles!

Default Re: PHOTOS of Your Light Hunting Rifles!

Beetles, shmeetles. He gnawed off every piece of flesh and sucked out the eyeballs so that nothing went to waste. Used a silly straw on the brains.

H22, need some stock painting tips. Chase wants to go camo. He's interested in doing the whole rifle but that means the scope too and I'm not too keen on messing with that.

I'll get some pics of my lightweight up in a bit. Did anyone notice the LONG list of respected (some) Kifaruites shooting the same rifle? I'm not one to make my decisions based on popularity contests but perhaps there is something to it when that many guys go a certain route. Besides, I had mine first... I think.

Talk to Smokepole, he's the camo eggspurt. Was mine second?....

GET R DONE

Quote Originally Posted by Ed C View Post
    GET R DONE

WOW that is one hell of a compensating tool.

Here's my lightweight mountain gun

Win 94 Trapper, 16" barrel, Williams Peep Sight. Super light and compact.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I hate exposure." 1st (Annual???) Super Secret Lunker Trout Lake, July 11, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Here's my lightweight mountain gun

Win 94 Trapper, 16" barrel, Williams Peep Sight. Super light and compact.
    it seems posting pics from an iPhone is a pita so i'll use yours if you don't mind Randy.

Mine a a puma 92 in 45 colt. 16" barrel and a tang peep sight. Loaded with 8 handloads it weighs less then 5 1/2lbs.
    Fire without movement is a waste, movement without fire is suicide.

Please excuse all grammar and punctuation mistakes. I'm posting from my phone.

http://kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=17153

This here rifle weighs 6 1/2 lbs. Light, acurate, and handy and the 22" tube gets plenty of speed from my 275 rigby handloads. I much prefer peep sights out to 200 yards or so and out to 300 they still work but I would prefer a scope for anything farther.
    Fire without movement is a waste, movement without fire is suicide.

Please excuse all grammar and punctuation mistakes. I'm posting from my phone.

My beloved Remington Ti in 30-06. It makes clover leafs with 165 NP around 2950fps and weighs in around 7-lbs or less. I have others, but it is my favorite!
    Good shoot'n!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman22 View Post
    I'm not respected. The Rodney Dangerfield of the board?
    Laugh at, laugh with. It's such a fine line. I respect you, but that is probably cold solace.

Yes, you were after me. I remember getting together to shoot soon after you purchased yours. Actually Brad may have been first. I can't exactly recall. Mine was made shortly after the switch to 8-40 scope mount screws but before the three position safety.

Smokepole's artistry with stock painting is beyond my ken. Fancy leaf silhouettes and all that. Just looking for that swirly look in something other than SWAT black. Any tips on stock prep? His is just Remington factory plastic. Might even do the Kimber with which you have passing familiarity.
    Last edited by CCH; 12-23-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Here are my favorite 2 mountain rifles. Got some Kimbers but theses are my go to guns.

Rem 700 Titanium 300 saum, custom Kevlar lightweight stock, 1.5 pound trigger, 6 lb 2 oz just gun. Should lose another 6 oz when i get the barrel fluted and then change out the Hubble for a lighter scope. Estimated completion weight just under 6.5 with scope.

Savage/Stevens 325-B 30-30, 19.5 inch barrel, tasco 4X side mount,Stock cut down and painted by Big W. Weighs in at about 6.5 LB
    Attached Images Attached Images