Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PNW Winter Rondy Dates

Default PNW Winter Rondy Dates

Yep, it's time. The last three years, we've chosen the last weekend in January or thereabouts. It's a Friday through Sunday kind of deal. I know of one person who would like to see it happen later than January. The weekend of Feb 14th is out. We should also avoid SHOT show dates, as Patrick has expressed an interest in coming. So, for those of you who'd like to attend, which weekend would you prefer?

Jan 16
    Jan 30
    Feb 6
    Feb 20
    Feb 27
    Mar 6

Assume the location is central Oregon.
    We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

Default Re: PNW Winter Rondy Dates

30 January sounds good.

I hope to make the drive down, but my life is still in chaos and I don't know what weekends I'd be free or not. Even when/if we get settled into the new place, the GF is traveling a lot for work now and I gotta run the geriatric dog hospital while she's away... Anyway, I hope to make it, whenever it is.

Chalk up another person who can't make it in January.

Clearly, blacking out the 12-14 weekend of February is a good call for all concerned.

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
    Failing to prepare is, generally speaking, preparing very well to do the wrong thing.
    Liberalism is the philosophy of Western suicide. - James Brunham
    Reviews are only as good as the crowd reviewing them.
    Illegitimi non carborundum!

My situation is "fluid" so I have no preference. I hope I can attend on whatever the chosen weekend is.

Allen, you *are* the person who can't make it in January.
    We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

You guys should come here and make our CO rondy rival yours from last year, we would love to have you, the 24 man should be big enough for the 5-8 folks from here and the >10 from the NW.
    Enjoy your trip, we will as well.

Evan,

What?!?!?!? Really?!?!?

Darn, and here I thought I was just adding another poor soul to the January No-Go list in an effort to help push it out into February or March.

( )

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
    Failing to prepare is, generally speaking, preparing very well to do the wrong thing.

Jon, thanks for the invite! If I took my skis to CO, I'd be hard pressed not to jump ship in favor of the 10th mountain system. That's one of those trips thats on "the list". Attendance isn't super high here either. I think we've had 8 each year. It does make for a nice group.

With your invitation to stay in the 24 man, I think perhaps you guys from Colorado are bolder than we are, or maybe just better about packing your ear plugs. One individual, who shall go unnamed, suffered a grievous injury one year because he had lost one of his earplugs and so was forced to sleep on one side all night in the midst of a great and terrible noise.

I pity that poor bastard.