Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: E&E Back Pouch with PALS

Default E&E Back Pouch with PALS

I thought you guys might be interested in seeing this. These are some pics of our very first Back Pouch with flat webbing shoulder straps and PALS webbing on the back and sides. We had intended in the begining to offer it this way so it could be used as a simple grab and go E&amp;E type bag. We decided to just make it a pouch instead. Now we're thinking of building an enhanced version of our Back Pouch similar to this one here. What are your thoughts on this? This is the one and only right now, and I'll have it at the upcoming Kifaru Seminar, so you can check it out. Just click on this link Maggie put together. <a href="http://www.kifaru.net/MGmel.htm" target="_blank">http://www.kifaru.net/MGmel.htm</a>

Mel

Default Re: E&E Back Pouch with PALS

Mel,

That seems like a neat little piece of gear. Small, effective, to the point. About how many cubes were you thinking of making it?

You mentioned something about this, and I forgot to follow up on it when you did.

I like it and would like to see more of it.

I have a Blackhawk Streamline load bearing pack that I got back in --- 99??? Its been around the world with me and still in great shape, has some really nice features on it too - buts uses ALICE not Molle, has limited attachment points, its small, and it certainly isnt worth the 97 bucks I paid for it.
    If you love wealth more than liberty... We ask not your council or your arms... May posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
    - Samuel Adams

Is that pouch mounted on the back pouch in the 3rd row, 2nd col. yours? What is that little dude?

]Mel[

The E&amp;E pack reminds me of the MS belt pouch, with the double ladderloc for compression.

I would like to have Drings so that I'm also able to carry it as a shoulder bag.

The size will be similar to the one in the pics. If you start getting to much larger, it would be more like an assault pack, instead of it's intended use as a simple E&amp;E bag. You can Dock and Lock it to the EMR/MMR like in the pic, or just put it sideways under the top lid. There might be a couple features added that wouldn't be too cost prohibitive, and still keep it simple.

The pics at the top have 5 TT mag pouches mounted on the Back Pouch. One on each side, and three across the back. Next on down is a TT mag pouch on each side, and a Paraclete Medium GP pouch mounted on the back. And finally at the bottom is a TT mag pouch on each side, and 2 TT Zip Utility pouches on the back. I've also had it setup with 2 of our Liter Pouches mounted on each side, and various other pouches mounted on the back.

If you have anymore questions or comments, keep them coming. Personally, I really like this little bag.

Mel

Hey Mel--

Let's not forget to look into a shoulder sling option, per ibtrdia's suggestion. I like it. Are you taking notes? Not to worry, we can just print this out.

Mel,

I can't tell by the picture scale to the Marader. Can the E&amp;E used as an exterior pouch to the Marader?

--Evans

Evans:

It is the same size as our Back Pouch and will fit onto the back panel of the Marauder, no problem.

Mel

Very neat. The size looks just about right. Any pockets/compartments inside?
    "Recoil is your friend"