Thread: Winchester Model 94 Trapper 30-30

Default Winchester Model 94 Trapper 30-30

This is a Winchester Model 94 Trapper 30-30 with a 16'" barrel and saddle ring. Serial number 5031xxx.

Mechanically, it is probably good to very good condition. During the 20+ years my Dad had it the rifle was hardly ever shot. I was probably the last person to shoot it 10 or 15 years ago, and it was OK then. I don't know its' history prior to his ownership, but it appears to have had some scabbard time. Some of the bluing is worn off the barrel bands, and the corners of the receiver have worn bluing and scratches on them. There is some minor surface rust at the right rear of the receiver and several small spots on the tang. The wood is in good shape except for a few minor scratches.

The rifle comes with an original box and manual.

Three day non-firing inspection. If you decide not to keep it, you pay return shipping, and I'll refund purchase price (but not shipping).

Asking $395 for rifle + $25 shipping to your FFL.

Prefer USPS MO.

Private transaction possible in Washington State.

Thanks for looking!

Buck

Default Re: Winchester Model 94 Trapper 30-30

If I didn't have one sitting in the corner of my office already, I'd be all over this.
    We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

Interested in any trades? I would say i'll take it, but I just had to buy a bigger safe. I have a Remington 700 ADL 30-06, synthetic, Burris rings and mounts, Timney trigger, never fired. I have a Very good condition G1 Siwash, and lastly a Mathews Conquest III.
    Good shoot'n!

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on the trading post. Man I hate being broke!

Nice shootin iron from a GREAT seller! What's not to like!

Oh, if you're looking for trades I can offer a Thermarest Ultralight pad, Mountainsmith Auspex pack (large) that has yet to see sweat and a precocious twelve year old who is a fantastic resource because he knows EVERYTHING.

P.S. He comes complete with his own pack but really doesn't like to carry much.

Buck W is indeed a great seller as numerous Kifaruites will attest. Someone please buy this so it goes away quickly and quietly. See Timberline's post on his Trapper if you'd like some good info on this type of rifle.

Thanks for all the kind words.

I hadn't initially thought about trades, but could be interested in G2 Foliage LongHunter Guide, 6 man tipi and/or accessories. small regulator stuff sack, Black Hills Red Box .223 75gr HP, Aimpoint Micro (H-1, T-1, or R-1)

CCH, reminds me of the Mark Twain saying 'when I was 14 my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand him. When I was 21 I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in 7 years' ... this, too, shall pass
    Last edited by Buck W; 10-15-2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: add Aimpoints

Damn..........nope not going to do it.

Unless you need a bunch of .357 ammunition?
    Last edited by scothill; 10-15-2009 at 10:51 AM.
    Family Land Soul

Sold.

Thanks to all who expressed interest.

Buck