Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Are you guys fat?

Thread: Are you guys fat?

Default Are you guys fat?

Or I am really that skinny? My waist size is 32" (measured). I have owned a Pointman since April. I just received a Scout yesterday. I can almost bottom out the waist belt on my Pointman at the anchor points, but the padded section of the belt does not touch. I have continued to use it as such, though it may have to go back to KIfaru eventually to have the anchor points moved back an inch or so. After trying on the Scout I am even more perplexed. The belt can be tightened all the way to the anchor points and the padded section of the belt begins to overlap in the middle of my waist. This leaves me with no more adjustment and also precludes the use of the "pull forward" method of tightening the waist belt. I wear medium sized pants, and do not consider my waist size to be at the bottom end of the spectrum for an average male. I am curious as to whether anyone else has run into this problem with Kifaru belt adjustment? After speaking with Janice, she told me that there is only one waist belt size and that seems to work for everyone out there, with very few exceptions. She has offerred to move the anchor points back and even to remove the waist belt, cut it shorter, and re-sew it into the pack. I will probably have the anchor points moved, but may just live with the padded section overlap. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Are you guys fat?

i'm a 33" waist and i bottom out all the waistbelt adjustment on the pointman, and nearly all on my marauder. maybe we're on the slim side? if i got skinnier, though, i might be in trouble with the pointman.
    rather than having janice make the adjustments, i recommend a steady diet of cheese pizzas to address the problem [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    just kidding of course.
    couple of thoughts - are you wearing the omni belt at the correct position/height? it's not supposed to be worn on the waist, but a bit lower (centered on your hips).
    talking to mel on this, if you take the 2" waist belt webbing out of the common loops, so that you just use the buckles normally and not use the common loops (so to tighten you pull back on the straps instead of forward), it'll make the belt about an inch smaller.
    if that doesn't work, then janice will have to make you smaller belts, as you know already.
    cheers,
    MM

Thanks for the reply militarymoron. Glad to see that at least the first reply to my topic did not take offense at the topic title! [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] I am only looking to draw attention to this issue in a light hearted way and certainly don't consider anyone with a waist size greater than mine to be "fat." I must admit however that I am, as I posted, perplexed [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] with the lack of adjustability in the waistbelt of my new Scout. After waiting a month for it, I am not looking forward to sending it back to be "cut" on [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] . Interesting that you are bottoming out at 33" waist size. Janice told me that these waist belts were designed by Patrick to adjust down to 28". I don't see that happening.

see added comments above - i was replying while you posted.
    MM

militarymoron,

Does your Marauder have less of a problem adjusting the waist belt down than the Pointman?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by sovereign:
    militarymoron,
    Does your Marauder have less of a problem adjusting the waist belt down than the Pointman?
    </div></div>i just checked when i came home to be sure, and actually it's about the same. the slight difference i may have experienced in the past may have been due to the different clothing i was wearing, or how much i had to eat that day [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    cheers,
    MM

Hey guys--

Some discussion. The Pointman does have sized belts; only the Scout and Marauder are one-size. They all should go down to 29", not 28. All our belts are generous with the pads, which is a comfort thing. "Bottoming out" means the point at which the 2" buckle on the nylon belt hits the web's sewn-down point and won't tighten any further, not when the pads touch; the pads can go ahead and overlap without discomfort. Yes, wear these belts over the hips, not at the waist. That should do it. OK?