Thread: Capacity

Default Capacity

Hey all jst curious before i leap if anyone offhand knows how much a USGI large Alice olds in cubic inches i'm thinking of buying a kifaru but i'm just cuious how much one holds compraed to one of the Kifaru's so as to do as little damage possible to my bank account. I plan on dong this buy finding a Kifaru with compareable space and augmenting it with add onpockets if just shy of the same size as an ALICE. Any comments would be appreciated.

Chewy

"Only 2 sorts of people hunt others with the express intent of killing. The 1st are criminals, who society tries to keep a lid on. The 2nd are Infantrymen."
    Only 2 types of people hunt others with the express intent of killing. The 1st are criminals, who society tries to keep a lid on. The 2nd are Infantrymen.

Default Re: Capacity

approx 3800 ci as far as i know. someone correct me if this is wrong.
    cheers,
    MM

Go Pointman or MMR, if you are looking for one that is not a panel loader, if not then go with the Navigator.

Once you start adding pockets, then the sky's the limit on capacity.

It's not that i don't trust Kifaru's Zippers on the Navigator buuuuuuut you know how it is after you've hada few blow out on you on other packs and how muh of a pain in the Rear it is the rest of the time your in the field. i'm leaning Toward the pointman, but i like the MMR too. But i think i could get by with a pointman as long as i ass pouches to it
    Only 2 types of people hunt others with the express intent of killing. The 1st are criminals, who society tries to keep a lid on. The 2nd are Infantrymen.

Also just had another thought have any of you ever used the pointman in place of your rucksack, for you know as far as you field pack. The only reason i ask is how much of the crap you had to carry n the field fit into the pointman. I'm leaning toward the pointman cause it's just cheaper, but you can make it have as much space as a MMR just by adding pockets.

Chewy

"Only 2 sorts of people hunt other with the express intent of killing. The 1st are Criminals who society tries to keep a lid on, the 2nd are Infantrymen."

Chewy -

I bought a Navigator to replace my large modified ALICE ruck. It holds a bit more. I put a Back Pouch on it to carry my stove and fuel.This combo works great for me. I also have a Marauder that I use as a combination aid-bag and patrol pack. The zippers on both are top-notch and after six months of military use, neither show any sign of wear or tear. Actually, the packs still look new. Very tough material and construction.

I would say that the Navigator would be an excellant replacement for your ruck. If you hump alot, or tend to get alot of gear cross-loaded, get an MMR.

Hope this helps,

Take Care . . .
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

"Noli nothis permittere te terere."