Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NationStates

Default NationStates

Ok, so I found this online "game"... you make up your own country using a prexisting outline... answer a few questions to set up your "base" country, and every once in a while, you answer "issues" put forth to you, the government. Your choices can either build or demolish the nation. Yuo can be a capitalist dog, or a Commie dick-tater. Or anything in between.

If you want to know (roughly) what the world would be like if you ran it, try starting with a little cyber nation and see if you can keep it from running into the financial ground, revolutions from overrunning your straw hut, or the political prisons from filling up with your Ex-Wives.

http://www.nationstates.net
    If you love wealth more than liberty... We ask not your council or your arms... May posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
    - Samuel Adams

Default Re: NationStates

If anyone is interested, I made a "region" for us.

Its called Rhinoland, and the password is kifaru.

No idea what Im talking about? Read the FAQ.
    If you love wealth more than liberty... We ask not your council or your arms... May posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
    - Samuel Adams

hey, i just looked, and rhinoland no longer exists. surely we were not conquered or destroyed already [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] .
    May your trails be crooked, winding, dangerous...leading to the most amazing views.
    - Edward Abbey

Its still there... First you have to create your own nation, and then move your nation to the Rhinoland region.

Heres the nation I created specifically for Rhinoland (I have 2 others.. one I run halfway seriously, the other I cruelly crush the populace) http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/.../nation=tiwari

I basically just made it up, and clicked the multiple choices during set up randomly so that there was a little more realism (I didnt start with a nation set to my liking, I now have to "fix it")
    - Samuel Adams

I gotta say, Im a bit disappointed at the lack of interest... Given all the politcal opinion that tends to fly around here, I thought youd all jump at the chance to show us what the world would be like if you ran it

wassamatta? chicken? [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    - Samuel Adams

funny you should bring this thread up again, i was thinking of it during the recent political melee'. time is precious during our days of long light, and i spend enough time on the 'puter as it is, but the idea of running my on nation has been in the back of my mind for a while...
    not chicken, just dont ( currently) have time for another preoccupation [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    btw sgathak, i have a suspicion you are a pretty interesting guy...
    May your trails be crooked, winding, dangerous...leading to the most amazing views.
    - Edward Abbey

I am the founder of "Westerlander" my many folks are not that happy at the moment. However, they can leave at any time.
    T

Baja Oregon moved to the Rhinoland region this afternoon. Baja Oregon is a libertarian state, and open to business.

Well Homerdave, I have the same suspicion, however it has yet to be proven... apperently no one actually cares enough to run any tests or anything **shrug**.

I always thought you were Gunnclan, guess not... someone gonna fess up?

I think we got like, 6 nations going now...
    - Samuel Adams

the free nation of kootznoowoo has arrived in rhinoland [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    - Edward Abbey