Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fanny pack

Default Fanny pack

Any possibility of Kifaru doing a fanny pack in the near future ?

Default Re: Fanny pack

Ibtrdia--

We know how to do one, yes. But "near future" is uncertain at this point. We are intent at present on doing a good job of producing what we already are offering you fellows. But, oh my, we do have neat stuff in the pipeline for the future, yes. Any thoughts from you on what you'd like to see in a fanny pack? Our aim, of course, is always to give fighting men the best tools we can.

]Patrick[

Ability to lash the fanny pack to the Kifaru & other brand of assault pack.

Majority of the 3 day assault pack has a short webbing sewed to the female fastex for the compression strap & I cannot loop it to the fanny pack lash points.

A few sizes like the MS Tour, Cairn & Day tour.

Ibtrdia,
    My son was in Singapore last year, when his submarine went in port. Later, members of Al Qaeda were captured with photographs of the sailors on leave from his sub.

Watch your backside. We need folks like you out there, and thanks for what you do.

k
    This message board is here to advance the art of back-country hunting, fishing, and soldiering in a spirit of good fellowship. Some of the best hunters and finest folks in the world post here. If you're new, welcome, learn, and contribute.

Isn't the Scout basically a fanny pack? With retractable shoulder straps?

Sovereign--

Technically, using the old Mountainsmith terminology, it would qualify as a "Lumbar Pack". You are essentially correct. And it can be carried sans shoulder straps.

IR

strikes me as being one of a smaller than 'eggroll' stature. That being the case, the scout would be BIG while it is a fanny pack for me [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

perhaps something along the line of the old MS TOUR pack in volume - especially with those web loops so you can thread through the compression straps to carry the pack to a larger pack.

FWIW
    EGG
    Yo Gabba Gabba!

Patrick hit the nail on the head when it comes to new items coming out in the "near future". Right now, priority number one, is filling the orders to the guys getting deployed as soon as possible. You will be seeing some cool stuff we're working on, hopefully in the "not too distant future". As far as fanny packs go, that's something we have been planning on for quite some time now. When Patrick owned Mountainsmith, they were known worldwide for their outstanding fanny and lumbar packs. In fact, Mountainsmith still offers some excellent fanny/lumbar packs to this day. The first Kifaru Military Gear fanny pack aready has a name that was submitted almost a year ago by GG (Gear Guru). I liked it alot, and promised him that we would call our first fanny pack the "Tailgunner". It will most definately be "Modular and Multifunctional". I've been working on designs for quite some time now, and combined with all of Patrick's fanny pack design experience, I think you'll like what we come up with. Stay tuned! Do I dare talk about our next pack project?!

Mel

]Patrick[ & ]Mel[

Good to know that it's in the pipeline. I know how busy you guys are with the hunting season & the request from the guys in OEF & OIF.

The stuff from Kifaru is all gravy & I'm waiting patiently for my pack to be delivered.

I would like to suggest putting D-ring at the side for attaching a shoulder sling that uses snaphook.

]Kevin[

No worries, it is Jemaah Islamiah(Asia connection of Al-Qaeda). There is always a unit on standby & we are on high alert when you guys come in.

There is no "S**" only US warships stopping here for repairs.

Thanks, I'm watching my 6 [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

]Eggroll[

I agree that the Scout is a pack for me & not a fanny pack, I'm 1.69m [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Stay tuned! Do I dare talk about our next pack project?!
    </div></div>Mel,
    Dare I ask if this is what we were talking about when the group of us came up last month?!?!? If so, then I can't wait!! I was pretty excited about what we were talking about.

Mike