Thread: Enjoying my Scout and happy to be here

Default Enjoying my Scout and happy to be here

Hey everybody!...
    Recognize most of you from LF, nice to see so many have made it over here. I bought a Scout back in November or so and when I was checking it out I came to this board but there wasn't much activity. I didnt hang around but I guess I was missing out. Anyway I have to say I am glad I bought a Scout. Its been great for walking around touring different German cities, especially in hot weather. It wasnt one of my reasons for buying it but a nice bonus I noticed. The small profile of the scout on my back keeps me cooler than if I was wearing my RAID or any conventional pack. I can adjust it so it barely touches my back at all. It is the perfect size for all the day trips I have been taking, and it looks cool too. I was in Rothenberg and a guy came up behind me looking at my Scout, my wife saw him and she thought the way he was eyeing it he was going to try to steal it or something. Turned out he just wanted to ask me about it. So I spent a few minutes telling him about Kifaru and he wrote down the website. Hows that for advertisment Mel? [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Default Re: Enjoying my Scout and happy to be here

Good to see you over here Sigo. Good to hear about your Scout. I was told my EMR/Scout combo will be here by the end of this week [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] In fact, we (the family), just got back from a week up in the NE Georgia Mtn's. Civilized camping, but breaking in the kids on some good 'rough' trail hiking...I was hoping to have the Scout on hand, but we're already planning the next trip.

When you get back here for SCCC, plan to take advantage of the hiking just north of Augusta...

ROCK6

Hey Sigo, good to hear from you. It sounds like you're giving us some great exposure across the pond. You got any pics of you and your Scout in your travels?

Mel

Not good pics as the scout was not the focus (I know, what was I thinking? [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] ) and it was on my back. I have one of me and the wife on the foot bridge overlooking Neuschweinstein castle, and a few others. I'll see about posting them.

I think that Kifaru should start a photo collection page.

Kifaru packs around the world submitted by your average guys [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Ibtrdia--

Well, I certainly wouldn't characterize you, Sigo, and all the rest of you fine dudes as "average", but go ahead--send photos! We'd love to see what you guys, and your emvirons, look like.

]Patrick[

Thanks, I'll take your offer. I can't wait to receive my pack. [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Sincerely, your super average dude [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]