Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to our new forums

Cool

I'm having no probs....same format as albertaoutdoorsmen forum......another good one.

Now I can CRUISE

Question

OK....maybe my avatar comes in a little too small :-(

tm

JasonB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra Monkey View Post
    OK....maybe my avatar comes in a little too small :-(

tm
    Your avatar was probably trying to make room for my avatar

I agree with Smokepole, there are many problems with the new forum software and I've been emailing Maggie about them. Many of the forums have date order issues, there are avatar size issues, many of the smilies are being represented by UBB code, etc. I can't even log on using my normal web browser.
    "Wild country has the power to remind civilized people that out there is a different world, older and greater and deeper by far than ours, a world which surrounds and sustains the little world of men." - Edward Abbey

The only problem that I am having that I find serious enough is the one about the quick reply window in the bottom of the threads dont working for me.

Other than that, I for one welcome the new Forum Software. Sure it will take a little while to adjust the seats, and to get the mirrors set in the way they are suppose to but its all good. Mm! That overwhelming new car smell
    John.
    ~~~

In hindsight I kinda like the avatars the the way they are. I'm still a Junior Member....so why would mine be as big as a "regular" member?

Is there any way to make the Senior Members droopy??

I'm sure it will be great in short time.

tm
    Last edited by Tundra Monkey; 01-10-2009 at 10:38 PM.

Default things i have noticed

a problem i have noticed in posting threads/posts is the editing. i have made some mistakes and wanted to correct them in the typical place a cursor/hi light delete/copy/paste type of thing...no good.
    i euither have to back space thru out or completely start over.

just an observation i have made, perhaps it's just different system/technique?

jeff

JasonB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra Monkey View Post
    In hindsight I kinda like the avatars the the way they are. I'm still a Junior Member....so why would mine be as big as a "regular" member.

Mine was about 1/2 to 2/3 of the screen. I don't think any of us want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon View Post
    Many of the forums have date order issues,
    I was wondering if I was the only one who was experiencing this. In every forum that I go to, the threads appear in a chaotic chronological order. Threads which have last postings that are anywhere from 2-5 years old are all intermingled and displayed as being the most recent 30 posts in any given forum page. The actual most recent posts do not even show up. Unfortunately it makes this message board (my very favorite on the internet, by far) unuseable to me.

Edited update; the Military, Hunting and the Tipi & Shelter Photo Album forums now appear to be in order, but the others are still scrambled.
    Last edited by FlatbowMB; 01-11-2009 at 08:56 PM. Reason: update

I just like saying member

member member member member :-)

man, I need smilies :-(

Sorry man.....bored on nights.

tm