Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New product ideas for Kifaru!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New product ideas for Kifaru!

Default New product ideas for Kifaru!

Hey Kifaru guys,

Here's two cool product ideas.

A laptop bag and a camera bag, both with MOLLE pals on them, that I can attach to my pack.

Default Re: New product ideas for Kifaru!

Hi Zulu,

We'll get 'em in the Design Ideas folder. Thanks!

Awesome! Thanks!

Mmmmm...Kifaru cam bag! Something with a good sized main compartment, and an easily accessible padded camera chamber! Oh man I have to go sit down.... Most current camera bags either have no room for normal hiking stuff, are horribly uncomfortable to wear for any amount of time or aren't made very well.
    "Its better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it"
    E Pluribus Unum
    The more beautiful something is, the more likely it is to kill you.

As long as you're taking requests Patrick.... [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zulu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mmmmm...Kifaru cam bag! Something with a good sized main compartment, and an easily accessible padded camera chamber! Oh man I have to go sit down.... Most current camera bags either have no room for normal hiking stuff, are horribly uncomfortable to wear for any amount of time or aren't made very well. </div></div>

Exactly! I can see a Kifaru cam bag and laptop bag to be oversized and awesome. Especially one for use with SLR cameras, I have a hard time trusting my lenses to the stuff out there now.

Can't you configure a Marauder to hold all the various lenses and parts? All you'd need would be some padding for the MOLLE pouches. I think the SAW and M-16 mag pouches should do fine, with some padding. and probably a padded large utility pouch for the camera itself. I'm still waiting for my Zulu *hint* but I already have a radio pouch and I'm gonna carry my laptop in that if I need to. Voila! All problems solved. Its the magic of MOLLE :P

Yeah, infact I think the perfect camera bag would probably be a Tailgunner 2 with extra padding, and maybe some sectionalizing done in the main compartment, for your camera and a lense.

Then you can use the rest of it to store your cleaning stuff, memory cards, flash etc etc.

Couple issues I see with adding current camera pouches to a bag is
    1: Ease of access, having to open the pack, then go through the case holding the camera stuff to get your lenses can cause missed shots, and can just be a hassle.
    2: If one decides to skip dedicated camera pouches and go to padded inserts you have to find a way to lash them down so they aren't moving around the pack, or the lenses or body falling out of the padding and rattling around the inside of the pack.

I would just love a dedicated camera pack that could hold a DSLR and maybe 2 or 3 lenses, with the MOLLE allowing for the addition of other lens pouches (I think a Long Pocket or something similar would work well for this actually). I can dream can't I? [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Its better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it"
    E Pluribus Unum
    The more beautiful something is, the more likely it is to kill you.

I agree, have dedicated bags for laptops and cameras, but also give them the functionality to attach to packs, such as the EE and how it can be a standalone bag, or an attachment.

Even go further and have a tripod.. pod. Allows you to put your tripod in a long pod, and attach it to your pack so back country photographers can have Kifaru protection for their gear, as other companies just don't cut it.