Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New product ideas for Kifaru! - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New product ideas for Kifaru!

Default Re: New product ideas for Kifaru!

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    A center zip bivy for their center zip bag.
    Used a para poncho as a bivy (more of a bag cover) and the sil material Kifaru uses dosnt breath enough for my liking to use for a Bivy. I'm pretty picky when it comes to Bivy bags they gotsta breath.

OR GT still probably best around but hate the royal blue color.

Messenger bag... I think

Quote Originally Posted by AO6 View Post
    Used a para poncho as a bivy (more of a bag cover) and the sil material Kifaru uses dosnt breath enough for my liking to use for a Bivy. I'm pretty picky when it comes to Bivy bags they gotsta breath.

OR GT still probably best around but hate the royal blue color.
    One thing I noticed with the 20F center zip (that I got from Ransom) is that I had NO condensation issues with it. I used it down below 0F, adding an old goose down jacket for my feet (stuck my feet in the arms), a woobie express up top, and a Mad Bomber hat. The center zip configuration worked GREAT, I was able to open it up, as I got a little too warm.

I'd have seen a layer of frost inside my USGI bivy , but, that cold isn't what it's for, really. The bivy's for when it's wet, muddy. The bulk of condensation comes from warm, moist, exhaled air hits cold and condenses/freezes.

If they do make a bivy, my hope is that it's roomy enough to hold a pad/mat, holding me on the pad is a fringe benefit.
    Last edited by robcollins; 03-14-2019 at 12:07 PM.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ