Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New product ideas for Kifaru! - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New product ideas for Kifaru!

Default Re: New product ideas for Kifaru!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rambler_wannabe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Woobie sit pad, with silnylon on one side to be waterproof against the ground. I am sure you can figure out how to make it work as a pillow and/or dog bed, too. </div></div>

Considering how big a Woobie-junkie our dog has become over the course of a single weekend, a doggie-sized Woobie might have a market... [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

One thing that I thought of while packing breakfast into my pack yesterday: how difficult would it be to make an insulating (internal) pouch? I was thinking of lining a Lock 'n Load with some space blanket material, see how that'd work. Would it keep the contents cool much longer than just packing them into a regular Lock 'n Load #7? Call it the Snack Pack if someone wants to make one commercially? [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

A better rifle bag.......???

Messenger bag

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

A sling pack, single shoulder sling. It could be a narrower version with more attachment points than the E&E. E&E Extended range. Slightly narrower profile with stacked pockets and compartments, concealed pistol pocket with fast access and room for multiple mags. Should be expandable with side pockets and the ability to add a belt for slightly heavier loads. A couple of handles to make it easy to grab and toss in your truck or carry through the airport. Removable tech pouch on the single shoulder/chest sling for smart phones with semi hard shell to protect it from impact. Quick access pocket for bino or camera when pack is swung around to the front. Kind of like Maxpedition Kodiak but better quality and more easily expandable. A water bottle pocket that can hold a one to one point five liter water bottle would also be a good idea. Thought of this only because I now have a chemo port and regular pack strap systems no longer work for me. It would make a great EDC bag.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennGTR View Post
    A sling pack, single shoulder sling. It could be a narrower version with more attachment points than the E&E. E&E Extended range. Slightly narrower profile with stacked pockets and compartments, concealed pistol pocket with fast access and room for multiple mags. Should be expandable with side pockets and the ability to add a belt for slightly heavier loads. A couple of handles to make it easy to grab and toss in your truck or carry through the airport. Removable tech pouch on the single shoulder/chest sling for smart phones with semi hard shell to protect it from impact. Quick access pocket for bino or camera when pack is swung around to the front. Kind of like Maxpedition Kodiak but better quality and more easily expandable. A water bottle pocket that can hold a one to one point five liter water bottle would also be a good idea. Thought of this only because I now have a chemo port and regular pack strap systems no longer work for me. It would make a great EDC bag.
    Call it the E&E Extended Range.

A larger volume (5000 ish) pack for the 22 in frame would be a nice option for thick bush or tactical use. Something along the lines of a shorter AMR.

Kifaru belts that have true MOLLE on the sides for using any pouch made to specification. The last three belts I have ordered the MOLLE is not on a grid and is angled (not parallel).

I have a few ideas. Map board would be awesome. Something similar to the so tech recce harness to use instead of a daypack with a padded bino insert . fold up ground pad like the platatac gonk mat. And the most important new product idea... socks with the kifaru emblem. And maybe a wallet.
    Last edited by Dgreen; 05-19-2018 at 09:13 PM.

A center zip bivy for their center zip bag.
    Nothings impossible, just expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    A center zip bivy for their center zip bag.
    There's a thread on Rokslide where they discuss this. http://www.rokslide.com/forums/sleep...-bivy-bag.html

Borah Gear was suggested, (http://borahgear.com/eventbivy.html) as was William Hanson (http://www.kifaruforums.net/member.php?u=82231)
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ