Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New product ideas for Kifaru!

Default Re: New product ideas for Kifaru!

You're welcome!

I would really like the E&E to be a panel loader rather than a top loader though--given the small size it would make it much easier to access, something like the Eagle Industries E&E but without all the pockets.

TiC: I think you can rig up a 1" waistbelt on the E&E using the lower attachment points for the shoulder straps. Like you said, it would be for stability rather than weight bearing so it doesn't need to be thick. I sent my E&E back for repairs but I will try it out and post pics once I get it back.

Edwin3060,

I think we could use a 1.75 inch riggers belt going through the bottom of the map pouch portion. The belt won't even be close to the waist, but it's light and in a pinch you could hang GP pouches on the belt.

Now if they do enlarge the E&E to an Extreme E&E, then the belt would be closer to the waist, and more comfortable. And your idea for a panel is nice. Whether it is a full-length zipper along the bag, or something shorter. I was thinking of the zipper coming to about the bottom of the compression strap.

I've got one.

How about Kifaru kites?
    Good for your heart

A grab it panel with blaze orange on one side for hunters who use military packs.

I can get behind blaze orange inside to a grab-it panel. Think Quick VS-17, perfect. Also Inside Zulu and EMR lids. Would make for a nice option.

One more quick idea, a Sil nylon lid for top loaders for when the XTL is removed. I like the storage of the XTL but one of the things that always turned me off was that I would be putting my bag into a hide without closing in the top.
    "Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!" -Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

I'm sure something could be rigged up, but it'd be nice if it came standard... A quick detach method for the Organizer, that is. Mine is packed enough to make my otherwise half empty X-Ray (in EDC mode) look considerably bulkier than it would be without that Organizer attached to the outside. A quick detach method would allow me to remove it and toss it inside the pack, or re-attach it to the lid, depending on my needs, and enable to do all this "on the go". Threading Malice-clips makes it much more time-consuming business, and being the lazy guy that I am, makes it less likely that I'll bother with it.

Also, I second the idea of a lighter weight rain poncho / emergency tarp.

(Those Kifaru brand geo-caching coins sound like a cute idea! Not being involved with the sport I'm left wondering though. Wouldn't one of the existing products like a sticker or a patch work as well?)

Have you tried the blackhawk stike clips? They are stout and "fairly" fast to unthread (just push to unhook, turn 90 degrees and pull). They are probably the best thing blackhawk makes; I know that isn't saying much but I like them.

Woobie sit pad, with silnylon on one side to be waterproof against the ground. I am sure you can figure out how to make it work as a pillow and/or dog bed, too.

Teacher in CA,

For me, the 'EE XL', or 'E3' , would be used as an easily detaching patrol pack for carrying warm pause clothing, when the main pack (in my case EMR) would be left behind. That is, not just for having the pause clothing easily accessible whilst carrying the main pack with the 'E3' attached. I vision it as an true 'escape and evade' pack for cold conditons, alhtough I sure hope that I will never ever need to dump my main pack for good. Anyway, E3 would seem very useful as a recce/day/patrol pack too.

I agree that the plastic back sheet would be a good idea. An EE fully loaded with soft gear tends to shape like a ball against the back, which isn't that good for stability nor comfort. With the bigger E3, the sheet would be a natural addition IMO.

Btw, I experimented with adding a simple waistbelt to my EE. Just plain 1" webbing with a dual SR buckle in middle. It attaches to the pack via plastic HW loops at each end, that fix to the metal triglides of the shoulder straps (thus it's easily removeable). The waist belt is, of course, no good for transfering weight from the shoulders, but it does improve the stability of the pack when running or whatever jumping around.

Btw2, I've also experimented with a small pod I made, and it seems to fit pretty well on my EE, but I'd prefer the E3 though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rambler_wannabe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you tried the blackhawk stike clips? They are stout and "fairly" fast to unthread (just push to unhook, turn 90 degrees and pull). They are probably the best thing blackhawk makes; I know that isn't saying much but I like them.

</div></div>

Never heard of them. Thank you for the tip! I definitely have to look into that.