Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New product ideas for Kifaru! - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New product ideas for Kifaru!

Default Re: New product ideas for Kifaru!

Hi Steveb,
    I like your mindset of the future possibilities of light weight packs and tents.Great post.Take care!
    Zenzo

"If you're borde with life....RISK IT"!
    James Dickey

A rifle scabbard that will attach to my longhunter bag , thanks.

-Evil-Evve- Guest

an unusual idea but... my boyfriend got me into Geocaching

A Kifaru Geocoin or pin would be totally awesome. [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zenzo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'd like to see an assortment of ammo and medical pouches similar to what Eagle Industries and BattleLab has to offer.Take care!
    Zenzo</div></div>

Would that be worth the trouble though?

There are a 100 different manufacturers already making these types of pouches & they're all pretty much the same.

Whilst a have no doubt the quality of Kifaru would be at the very top of that pile, their limited production capabilities would mean they'd be offering the same products as everyone else, for twice the price.

Whilst this isn't an idea for a 'new' product, it's an idea to update a current product.

The 1 & only thing that disappoints with my X-Ray, is the lack of a hanging loop for a hydration bladder (unless there's something there that I just havn't noticed). As it is, a bladder won't always stay upright, and just bunches pushing all the weight to the bottom of the sleeve/pack.

hey steveb,
    I totally agree with you that light weight gear is going to be the future, as we're always trying to tweak things and make them better.. You should check out http://www.golite.com (another colorado company) they are the pinnacle in ultra light weight packs and tents... If I'm not mistaken they have a military line of packs as well but you might have to search a bit... I currently own a golite pinnacle, and they are pretty comfy pack (when loaded) for being so light... but nothing beats a kifaru!!!
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots" Thomas Jefferson

How about a raincover? I would also like to see a scabbard that can mount to the Pals webbing....
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots" Thomas Jefferson

You can get rain covers from the hunting side of the line, IIRC. What do you mean by scabbard? Like a bayonet scabbard?

Group: How does this sound?

Along the lines of the Tailgunner 2, Kifaru should offer the
    E&E 2

1-2 inches wider (2 more columns of PALS across the front), 2 inches taller, and 05. to 1 inch deeper. (this would allow me to fit my Apple Titanium in its Brenthaven case into the pack).

PALS webbing across the front to permit the attachment of an organizer.

PALS webbing along the sides to permit the attachment of Mini-Long Pockets (this would require more rows than it presently has).

X-ray straps standard.
    Live Free or Die

MB,

If I was carrying cold weather gear, I would very likely be carrying a pack already, so if I need to stash the cold weather coat, I can pack it on the compression staps or even a medium pod.

If we did have a Extreme E&E (E3), I would opt for a hi-density plastic sheet, that is removable just so things won't dig into my back. I am not sure about a waist belt, since it wouldn't transfer the weight as much as stability.

no, more like a rifle scabbard, but one that covers the whole weapon and mounts to the PALS system... Eberlestock makes em' but I wouldn't give that company a dime if I had a choice of something Kifaru makes... thanks for the tip on the rain covers... Don't spend much time on the hunting side of this site!