Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

PODs on the XRay
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PODs on the XRay

Default PODs on the XRay

Quick question. In this photo, does Mel have a SMALL POD on top and a MEDIUM POD on the bottom?

I am planning my next order and am just trying to gauge sizes here.
    Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    the Godess of fortune favours the courageous
    ...and when we go, we all go to heaven alone

Default Re: PODs on the XRay

Yes, that's right. See also below - small pod at top of picture, medium at bottom:

You can judge size from the PALS webbing (1" wide and 1.5" between bartacks) or the long pockets (14.5" x 7.25")
    "Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."

All three sizes, side-by-side:

Large pods are LARGE - can (are designed to) fit an ENTIRE military modular sleep system. Medium pods were originally designed to fit a TailGunner with belt.
    "Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."

Brotzie - I love it every time that purple X-Ray gets worked into a thread!

It is truly a work of art - about as perfect a blend of form and function as you can get [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

My eyes!!! [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] pretty cool though, I didn't know that you got a full set of pouches and pods to go with it. Any other purple barney monsters lurking around? [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Just a Liter-plus Pouch and a Stash-It [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] ... The Stash-It is an absolute hit with Liefie, keeps all her bits 'n' bobs organised and handy, but it's still nice & sleek and doesn't get in the way.

We've got some of the materials left over, and I have all my old black hardware that I swapped out for tan on my older Kifaru gear; Liefie's next project is a MOLLE-style camera pouch for her new Nikon digital SLR, padded out with some closed-cell foam from a cheap sleeping mat. Don't suppose anyone out there has already done anything similar and wants to offer any design pointers? Photos of course when it's done!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperboy View Post

Quick question. In this photo, does Mel have a SMALL POD on top and a MEDIUM POD on the bottom?

I am planning my next order and am just trying to gauge sizes here.
    Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    Sorry for bringing this post back from the dead but I have an xray in route and want to set it up similar to the way Mel has the one in the pic. So this thread established that its a small pod on top and medium on bottom. Sides are mini longs? Mel has another thread stating LL#11 may be a better option for some and probably what I will use.

So my question is whats the green pocket docked to the front?

Thanks
    AO6

Quote Originally Posted by AO6 View Post
    Sides are mini longs? Mel has another thread stating LL#11 may be a better option for some and probably what I will use....

So my question is whats the green pocket docked to the front?

Thanks
    AO6
    The sides are long pockets (not mini longs) and the back pouch is a Claymore. The LL#11 isn't as tall as the Claymore.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by AO6 View Post
    I have an xray in route and want to set it up similar to the way Mel has the one in the pic.
    AO6
    To each his own of course, but if your plan from the start is to expand the xray as much as possible, why not start with a bigger pack? Just because there are PALS on every side doesn't mean it will carry well covered in pouches.