Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steamboat photos

Default Steamboat photos

Just took a trip to Steamboat for a 4-day weekend. Lots of snow up there, it didn't stop the whole time, I think they added 2 feet or so while we were there. We stayed in some cabins back in the woods and there were photo ops a-plenty, here's our cabin:

Here are some others:

We had some snowshoe trails right out the back door, so naturally the pup had to go check things out:

Then we saw this herd of elk, about 20 head, so the pup thought he'd get off the trail and go after 'em:

He didn't get very far:

Then we went for a drive up near Strawberry Hot Springs (clothing optional, Sawtooth, but there is a ban on silk boxers) and we saw what we thought were elk bedded on a hillside:

Until we got a little closer and saw the little guy in the red suit (couldn't get his photo):

"Neither sport nor art should be unnecessarily cluttered and complicated."

Default Re: Steamboat photos

Smoke--those are fabulous photos. I think I mentioned previously that I have a Golden (ie, "Chucklehead"), and she loves to get into snow over her head. A beautiful site to behold.
    "Recoil is your friend"

Smoke,
    WOW, Lots A Snow!! Love the pics.
    I guess they answered my previous question on how much snow is up there.

Were the cabins up the elk river? Or up past the hi'skool? Don

Up past the high skool, in Strawberry Park. Perry Manssfield cabins, one of the few places we could find that allows four-leggers. We saw the reindeer further up the road almost at the hot springs.

Eagle6, our pup is definitely more of a knucklehead. Got a call from the wife today, she took him out for a run at a local park (Don, this park is on the downstream side of the Dam at Cherry Creek reservoir). Anyway, he saw a coyote and chased it up the face of the dam onto the dam road, in traffic, the wife thought she was gonna lose him and was really PO'd at me since I'm the one who takes him out and lets him chase coyotes.

I guess I'm a bad influence but he loves nothing better than chasing coyotes.

See any nekkid hippie chicks at the hot springs? They used to always hang out(or is that always hang? [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]) when I lived there..... Ahhhh, the good ol' days.

Yup, there was plenty of em' and we were all havin' a good time. Problem was, they were all 60 year-old nekkid hippie chicks. Then some feller with silk boxer shorts showed up and they all left.

Sheesh, I'll bet it's the same ones. I been gone about long enuff for them to have aged. Bet they really 'hang' now......

Didja get pics? wink, nudge.

Looks like a great way to spend a 4 day weekend. I wish it were like that here!
    Patrick "Super Badger" Lavalley (Formerly PDX_DVX)
    http://www.patricklavalley.com

Don,

There isn't anything wrong with nekkid hippie chicks. Or silk boxers. Matter of fact, that's where I got the idea! [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Now, if they're in their 60's (chicks or skivvies), I'll pass.

Great pics, Smoke. Gotta to skiing tomorrow!
    "Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala
    Sihote'-Alin Range, Ussuria, 1902

www.tenkaratracks.com
    http://fishrigs.com/