Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frequently Asked Questions

Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Thanks for fixing the links.

Does anyone know the brand of silicone that comes with the big Tipi's? I need to get a tube to fix and seal some of my older gear. PM if you can. Thanks

If there are no floors, what about sod cloth? just wondering.

Thanks!

Rodney

What's your thoughts on setting up a sawtooth on the beach? Would the salt air ruin anything in the long run? And what spikes would be best to hold down?

Quote Originally Posted by mauidiver View Post
    What's your thoughts on setting up a sawtooth on the beach? Would the salt air ruin anything in the long run? And what spikes would be best to hold down?
    Sand and salt won't hurt it, but I'd rinse it off when you're back home. These are a choice for stakes https://store.kifaru.net/snow-sand--...-pins-p96.aspx

MSR Toughstake is another option. You also want something to spread the weight of your poles, and the legs of a stove if you're using one.

Attachment 22757
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ