Thread: recipe for teal breasts?

Default recipe for teal breasts?

Have my first boneless teal breasts.... have a couple of ideas, but open to suggestions... I don't care for dark meat or anything like Liver so I'm open to more ideas....

Jeff
    Get as close as you can, but use your skills as needed.

Default Re: recipe for teal breasts?

Lots of garlic, butter, olive oil and quality red wine. Enough for at least a half inch of standing liquid in the frying pan. Crack some black peppar and throw in some chopped fresh cilantro and other italian herbs if you like.

Bring the above to almost a boil and toss in your breasts. Cook each side quickly, think medium rare steak. The liquid can be reduced and a little can be used to pour over the breasts and possibly a side like rice.

Eat with wild rice and the remaining wine.

This is pretty much how I do all my grouse, pheasants and duck.

Enjoy!

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
    Failing to prepare is, generally speaking, preparing very well to do the wrong thing.
    Liberalism is the philosophy of Western suicide. - James Brunham
    Reviews are only as good as the crowd reviewing them.
    Illegitimi non carborundum!

Thanks, thats a bit more down the lines of what I was thinking, guess I'll find out if dark meat is any better than I think....if not, its back to chicken fry...
    Get as close as you can, but use your skills as needed.

Jeff,
    I find that soaking duck breasts in milk for at least 24 hours really takes the bite out of dark meat. After that, my dove recipe works equally well for duck breast; one slice water chestnut and one slice jalepeno between breasts. Fresh ground pepper on meat, Wrap with 1/2 slice of bacon and hold w/ toothpick. Cook on medium grill heat till bacon is "done", watch your fingers, they're good.
    Spence