Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wild Basin, Ramble #2

Default Wild Basin, Ramble #2

I will stipulate only to this location being in Colorado. Did you know that Colorado has 75% of the entire land mass above 10,000’ in all of North America? You’ll see a chunk of it here. We’ve already seen Paul’s excellent account of this ramble, several weeks ago in fact. I’ll simply add some images captured with my N-95. Perhaps the videos will enhance the experience for you.

Simply scenery

Fisherman

Lounging during an extensive excursion below timberline (no fish).

Awestruck

Flowers

Videos:
    Paul (Sawtooth) fishing “Deep Lake”, an above timberline tarn with 16” Cuts. We’ll see here that the Device is limited on the degree one can use telephoto before “pixilating” occurs. I’m pretty pleased with that 4oz. of multifunction though.
    Handsome Country
    Already Caught One
    In tipi; Independence Day
    Fishless lake; panorama; in wind
    Another panorama
    Fishless Lake

Default Re: Wild Basin, Ramble #2

Pretty slick Patrick. This is a good idea. You have a wealth of experience and expertise. It is good that you have found the technological medium to share that to the widest audience possible. Look forward to future rambles.
    "Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god...And Shepherds we shall be for thee, my Lord, for thee..."

Patric,
    I think this is a terrific idea!

Thank you for those nice pics and blog.

Please share more to us.

By the way,i think N-95 is a good phone(i am a sales of mobile shop). All functions in one phone, but the battery's life is short.

THX again.

Thanks guys! Glad you like it. There are some technical glitches on my screen, but we'll get them smoothed out I'm sure.

Wolfmen, I have been trying to get extra batteries, but they're not available yet. I resorted to a Brunton Solar Panel on the Big Loop Ramble (which will be coming up here soon; Maggie had to stop and do some errands for getting her kids in school) and it worked at recharging the battery. Even in cloudy weather! BTW, I have loaded the old movie Jeremiah Johnson into the phone, and will watch it whilst in my sleeping bag on my next ramble. Pretty neat for 4 oz. of carry weight!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have loaded the old movie Jeremiah Johnson into the phone, and will watch it whilst in my sleeping bag on my next ramble. Pretty neat for 4 oz. of carry weight!!! </div></div> [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    That makes me laugh!!! I think it's great.

Way cool, Patrick.

BTW, just returned from five days in the Big Horn Crags (Idaho) with the Superhootch and MMR. That was way cool, too
    "Recoil is your friend"

This is really great, for us guys on the east coast especially. We don't get to see this kind of country. Great idea. Thank's Patrick.
    Steve Shumaker

This is excellent. Thank you Patrick. Jolly good show(s).

William Clunie
    William Clunie ~
    Some men go to church on Sundays and wish they were fishing ... I go fishing and talk to God.
    Anonymous

Wow, I really act waaaay older than my age. I'm only on my second cell phone that I've ever had in my life and it's a Samsung A660. I've only possessed a cell phone for about 3 years total. I only know how to make and recieve calls and retrieve voice mail. That's it. I've never touched an MP3 player or iPod, I don't have TiVo, or cable TV! Funny thing is: I live/work in the heart of technologically advanced Silicon Valley, CA. Maybe I've been hanging out with Mel too much .

Good for you, Patrick! Thanks for keeping all of us 'unwashed' well informed!