Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worsterlon shirt is back

Default Worsterlon shirt is back

Worsterlon shirt

Looks like the old Worsterlon shirt from Cabela's is back. These were good shirts. Looks like they tried to dress them up with a corduroy inner collar and cuffs, which I don't like, but the material was always good.
    In case of emergency, please hang up and dial America

Default Re: Worsterlon shirt is back

Your right, I wore out a couple pair of there worsterlon camo pants. Wish they would bring those back [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] they were great hunting pants.

the cuffs will wear out LONG before the rest of it will (if it is still the same fabric).

The light olive and desert tan are darn good base colors, too. Their olive is what foliage green SHOULD have been, IMO.

+1 on the worsterlon shirts. I'll have to get another. I too frayed the cuffs beyond recognition on mine while the rest of the shirt was still good.
    We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

I prefer the LL Bean version of this shirt without the corduroy cuffs/collar. They call it Allagash Northweave. It is roomy through the shoulders and upper body, and has longer sleeves.

So what IS the material used?? They talk about the characterics "warmth and feel of wool, with the wearability of poly...", but is it natural or synthetic or a mixture?

It is a mid weight synthetic shirt which wears reasonably well (i.e. it is not a fuzzy fleece, but is a harder finish weave somewhat like twill), dries fairly quickly, wash in the washing machine, comfortable to wear from mid 60's to cooler temps. I wear them a lot during upland bird, deer and elk seasons here in the Pacific Northwest.

Hmmm...I'm looking for something similar. I want something to wear, say with a wool vest over it that that could go over a baselayer as a decent second layer for my Sept high alpine mule deer hunt. Should be around 7,000 ft and good chance for snow at some point during the week, but days maybe warmer. Sounds like this could be a good shirt for that...

Hey JBR, that's how I use 'em. Base layers at various times have been: Underarmour T-shirt, Ibex ltwt wool zip T-neck, Ullfrotte mid weight wool, and REI expedition weight PowerStretch. Shirt over that works just fine as long as I'm moving/hunting. When coming in by headlamp in the dark, it's usually just the base layer. Layer up if I stop for a long time or it's colder. I use a blaze orange shirt most of the time to satisfy the Washington requirement for such.

Worsterlon is a 100% poly fabric spun up into a gabardine twill, so it is pretty hard wearing and doesn't pill. Pretty decent shirting material but why not just get a Pendleton in their "Sir Pendleton" weave? Just my .02 worth.
    "A Patriot Must Always Be Ready To Defend His Freedom Against His Government"- Edward Abbey