PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Night Arrivals

Herb
05-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Planning to have some steaks Wednesday evening, let me know if you plan to arrive by then and we'll have a ribeye with your name on it.

Sawtooth
05-14-2007, 09:53 AM
Herb,

You're making me want to take a sick day and come up!

Herb
05-14-2007, 10:09 AM
No worries Sawtooth, I'm putting three sirloin blocks in the smoker so we can have something for everyone this weekend.

Will anyone be bringing a grill, smoker or oven large enough to finish off cooking these sirloin blocks?? I haven't really figured out how I'm going to do that yet and any of the above would solve my problem.

Sawtooth
05-14-2007, 10:51 AM
I can bring my big propane Camp Chef triple burner cooker, but I don't know if that's what you're looking for.

Herb
05-14-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm bringing a stove and griddle too.

Timberline
05-14-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm planning on rolling into camp Thursday AM. What's for breakfast? /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Lots of shooting to do. Have a new 7x57 to wring out.

Herb
05-14-2007, 02:20 PM
I'll have breakfast covered Thursday morning too.

Timberline
05-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Herb, your profile says you own grocery stores. Your posts indicate you like to cook. If you can pack elk quarters, you could be the perfect hunting/camp companion. See you at the Rendezvous.

Huntsman22
05-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Herb, I plan on getting up sometime wed eve. Is there anything I can bring, other than the watermelon? I can't fit the grill in. Don

Herb
05-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Timberline, I got a way to pack elk quarters.

Huntsman22, we'll come up with a way to make the steaks edible and I think I've got my portable oven figured out, just have to do some measuring when I get home. I'll have all the fixings for that night.

See you there.

ozarkrambler
05-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Man I knew I should have taken the kids out of school a day earlier. My mouth is watering and my stomach is growling. I plan on getting there Friday around 7-9 am. I am leaving Thurs night about 16:00 and driving all night. Total trip time should be about 12 hours if I don't have to stop and nap for an hour or so.

I am bringing some of that sausage I brought the year before last. Has anyone heard approx how many people are going to be there?

Sawtooth
05-14-2007, 06:24 PM
ozark, et al...

I will arrive about the same time...6-7 PM, Friday.

merhardt
05-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Herb,
James and I will be there around mid-day wed. What can we bring to help out the spread.
MIke

Patrick
05-14-2007, 08:45 PM
merhardt,

I won't be up 'til around two-ish, so if you get "there" ahead of me you probably won't really know you're "there". Best dawdle a bit somewhere, or just hang out where you know you're "short" and I'll snag you on my way in.

ozark, looks like there'll be around fifty of us this year.

Herb
05-15-2007, 04:31 AM
merhardt,

Any chance for a grill?? Looks like 5 so far.

Smokepole
05-15-2007, 04:57 AM
You guys are killin' me, can't get up there until Thursday evening.

merhardt
05-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Herb,
We were bringing a small propane grill. Not sure if this helps. I have an old kettle weber, but were taking my Yukon so I have to look at fit. I have a homemade cajun spice mix I will bring and would be happy to provide the recipe e-mail to anyone interested.
Patrick,
We will just delay our start time from Colorado Springs to meet you closer to 2 since this is our first time. We want to get our 4 man setup and seam sealed but more than happy to help with any setup that needs to be done after that. Just got my new guide pack last week so probably need some help getting dialed in. I played with the gunbearer last night but not getting the barrel away from my face yet?
MIke

Herb
05-15-2007, 08:14 AM
Merhadt, you're going to like these steaks, already seasoned with Creole, will package them in the marinade for the trip later today. That kettle weber would really help me out if you could squeeze it in, I can bring the Kingsford. I could use it on the sirloin blocks too.

Patrick
05-15-2007, 10:48 AM
merhardt, I'm happy to help get you dialed in. Bring your rifle for that GunBearer lesson.

Looks like we early birds will indeed get "the worm", eats-wise. Yum.

merhardt
05-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Thanks Patrick, rifle is packed.

Herb,
The weber is on its last legs but I will pack it. It is the medium size kettle (I belive). In keeping with the creole steaks and marinate I will bring some chips and a dip with some KICK! to get us started.
MIke

Herb
05-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Glad you squeezed the Weber in. Everyone have a safe trip, see you there.