PDA

View Full Version : Any Interest in a Defensive pistol class ??

1 Source
05-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Is there any interest in a Defensive pistol class at the Rondy??

If yes lets hear what you would bring and what you would hope to learn.

merhardt
05-05-2007, 06:53 AM
Yes from me, we talked Thursday. I would bring a 357 and hope to learn some stance/grip kind of stuff. Also we talked about my left eye/right hand issues. I use to shoot the hell out of a M-16 but 11 years in the Army never had any formal pistol training.
WE will get there mid-day Wed. but have to leave mid-day Fri so James can get to his daughter's graduation Friday night.
MIke

merhardt
05-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Yes from me, we talked Thursday. I would bring a 357 and hope to learn some stance/grip kind of stuff. Also we talked about my left eye/right hand issues. I use to shoot the hell out of a M-16 but 11 years in the Army never had any formal pistol training.
WE will get there mid-day Wed. but have to leave mid-day Fri so James can get to his daughter's graduation Friday night.
MIke

Smokepole
05-05-2007, 07:20 AM
I'll be bringing a .357 also and I'd be interested in about the same things as merhardt, stance/grip and techniques in general. I am not a very experienced hand-gunner, so the basics would be good.

Herb
05-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Bringing a 10mm, never had any formal training and just getting enrolled in a handgun class here. Would welcome any instruction.

CCH
05-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Yup

damon
05-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Yes here as well. Would probably bring the glocks (26 and 19) and maybe the 1911 (I think I have more .45 right now than 9mm). I "think" I am ok w/ some of the basics, but I know I still have a lot to learn. I would be interested in learning more about shooting from non-conventional stances/from cover, learning how to draw smoothly (from concealment ideally) and point shoot at close range.

1 Source
05-05-2007, 05:58 PM
All righty then.
I will put together the class requirements and times and have them posted by the end of Tuesday evening.

I will make it a learning experience but above all it will be fun!

1 Source
05-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Sat May 19th 9am-5pm at the Kifaru rondy.

Anyone interested in attending the Defensive Pistol Skills class is requested to bring the following:
Eye and Ear Protection
Clothing suitable to an 8 hour outdoor class,rain or shine.
Any pistol or action type is welcome (spares encouraged)
300 rounds of ammunition minimum.(Bring more if you like)
3 extra magazines or speedloaders(More is always better)
Strong side belt holster.(No shoulder holsters will be allowed)
Magazine/speedloader carriers unless you wish to load from your pants pockets which is fine too.
Note Pad and pen.
Water and Snacks
1st Aid kit for little ouchies.

Other equipment such as extra target stands,spare pistols and ancillary equipment for the shooters who will invariably show up without is greatly appreciated.
This isnt going to be a run and gun class,nor will anyone scream at you or berate you like a Drill Sgt.
Come with an open mind and a desire to sharpen your marksmanship and gun manipulation skills.

It will be fun!

Contact me via PM if you have any questions regarding suitability of your equipment or if you need special accomodations due to physicial limitations.

Dan-o

Westy
05-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm in. I'll be bringing a .40S&W. I have a little bit of training, but would love to focus on the basics. Fundamentals are what get you through tough situations. Thanks for the offer to put the class together. I'm looking forward to it!

-Mark

1 Source
05-14-2007, 08:50 AM
FYI,
Any of you who are of the means to provide extra pistols,ammo and ancillary gear to those without,it is greatly appreciated!!!

Dan-o