PDA

View Full Version : New Accessories Under Development

Eagle6
03-28-2003, 04:03 PM
Patrick and Mel:

Could you give us an idea of when we might see some of the new pockets and/or accessories that you are developing at Kifaru?

Patrick
03-28-2003, 05:12 PM
Eagle6--

Well, we just introduced the ParaHooch, but yes, we've been working on other useful stuff too. You'll soon see a kind of "Combo" pouch that will also hold a Nalgene liter bottle, a 10 oz. field "Chair" that will also function as a shooting rest and stows into 2 x 12 inches, and I think there must be some other cool gear in the chute...but I'm at home and can't immediately recall what they are. So please stay tuned, and thanks for asking!

Patrick

Mel
03-28-2003, 08:26 PM
Hey guys, I'll jump in here with some more details. I am currently testing the first prototype of our new Nalgene pouch. Some minor changes are in the works, but it's real close. I can't give too many details at this time, but I think you're gonna like what we come up with. One thing for sure, is that it will be "Modular and Multifunctional".

I'm getting a big kick out of testing this 10 oz. "field chair" that Patrick mentioned. It is actually something Patrick designed and offered a few years ago, and he's now thinking about bringing it back. I'm all for that, and I think there will be enough demand for it, once some pics are posted. How many times have you been out in the field where there is nothing really to sit against in any kind of comfort? Well, if you've got one of these "field chairs", your worries are over. It folds up into a 2" by 12" package, and only weighs 10 ozs. It can be carried almost anywhere on your gear. It is made up of 1000d cordura (OD or Coyote) and 2 adjustable aluminum poles, and is the cats meow when it comes to comfort. It is infinitely adjustable, so you can always find just the right position you're looking for. This thing is as close to KISS as you can get. I think Patrick has priced it out at $33.00, but don't hold me to that. I'm going to be testing it as a field expedient shooting rest/bipod. With the legs collapsed at 12", it is just the right height. Stay tuned for a report on this setup.

Now as far as other gear, you can expect more new pockets/pouches for the packs in the not too distant future. There will be Malice Clip versions coming. Again, stay tuned.

Mel

Michael Honeycutt
03-29-2003, 07:30 AM
Gentlemen,
Really looking forward to the "chair" and the Nalgene pouches. I ordered a couple of Nalgene pouches from: http://www.tacticalassaultgear.com/nbc1.html[/IMG]
but am Very interested in what you all come up with. Darrin (Egroll) and I want to come visit.
I used a Chair (maybe Crazy creek) when I spent a week in the San Juans in the freezing rain..it was nice to have. Seems like it(your chair) would beat leaning and slouching on my ruck like I did many times before I retired. I will keep my eyes peeled.
Malice clips will be welcome..I continue to break my fingers on the Alice clips on my old arctic canteen covers, trying to wedge them on the strips on my German Becker variant.KISS is most welcome as is lightweight.
"The larger the ruck, the more a GI will want to stuff into it"...I am guilty as charged..but weight eventually takes its toll on everyone.

Michael Honeycutt
03-29-2003, 07:33 AM
Gentlemen,
If the URL does not work just click on the Hydration Systems to find them.
v/r,
mhh

Patrick
03-29-2003, 01:35 PM
Michael--

Check with us in a couple of weeks about moseying up--we should have final iterations to show. You and Egg, and Razor, et al are always welcome.

eggroll
03-29-2003, 04:56 PM
Sounds like a plan.... Mike and I are always looking for good reasons :-) to ditch work

hah!
Egg

Michael Honeycutt
03-29-2003, 05:06 PM
Egg,
I am with you! Sounds like a REAL good reason..I am ready!
Mhh