PDA

View Full Version : Kifaru ParaHootch

Mel
03-19-2003, 09:36 PM
Hey guys, our new ParaHootch in Coyote Brown, is finally available. Go to the Military Gear home page and click onto the ParaHootch page. This thing only weighs 11 oz., and will stuff into a 3mag pouch! Check out the rest of the features.

Mel

Sgathak
03-19-2003, 10:21 PM
Looks good Mel

Tyde
03-20-2003, 09:50 AM
Mel
the hot link under the text (right of photo) for the parahooch (cool name) takes you to the EMR and MMR page. Just thought you would want to know.

I already have decided to get the paratarp/parahooch in cyote, but it is nice to see it. I might have to get the pole/pin kit as well.

Good Luck and Good Hunting
Tyde

Michael Honeycutt
03-20-2003, 12:10 PM
Hi Guys, I like the parahooch. Can u ingress/egress pretty fast with the stove in front?
I was wondering if the ParaTipi is also available in coyote brown?
I looks like you could almost stuff a fire team in that! (without their gear of course)
Love the concept..(reminds me of the old chouinard megamid we used for winter camping)
Ref the stoves, i know the yukon stoves we used to use when I was on active duty put out TONs of heat!

Mel
03-20-2003, 10:16 PM
Tyde:

The ParaHootch page comes up for me when I click on. Are you still having problems? They should have the pricing up soon on the Pole & Peg Kit. I think it's worth getting, because you're still under 2 lbs complete with hootch, and it allows you more options for setup.

Michael:

As far as getting in and out quickly with the stove, I think Patrick will have to answer that one. The ParaTipi is available in Coyote Brown now, and there will be 2 versions. On the hunting side, the ParaTipi comes with a stove port for using the Kifaru Tipi Stoves. On the Military Gear side, it will be called the Military ParaTipi, and will not have a stove port. Both versions will be available in Coyote Brown or White.

Mel

Patrick
03-21-2003, 06:40 AM
Michael--

When pitched at it's highest--42"--the Hootch is just right for sitting completely upright in. The stove should be set up to one side of the front pole, which will allow the occupant(s) access on the other side of the pole. Access is really pretty good. Pitched lower the ingress/egress should be even better, but at some point you'll be laying down more than sitting up.

Patrick

Tyde
03-21-2003, 10:10 AM
Mel
the text to the right of the picture that reads:

"Setting a new standard for military shelters - ultralight (only 11 oz.) and ultra compact. Click here."

is still sending me to the EMR/MMR page. It's not a bad place to go. But I think you guys want to send us somewhere else for that link.

Tyde

jdb3
03-21-2003, 12:28 PM
Mel, It takes me to the correct place. Jim

Sgathak
03-21-2003, 04:40 PM
if you click on "click here" it works... if you click on the rest of the text, it goes to the MMR

Michael Honeycutt
03-22-2003, 06:16 PM
Mel & Patrick,
Thanks much for answering my questions..Now, I GOTTA have one..
Along with an MMR and other "stuff"
(My black Mountainsmith is still in good shape..albeit a few buckles snapped off) ..i LOVE that pack so will drool over the MMR..
I also will have to have the scout..
I will treat myself after shoveling snow all week
v/r,
Mike

eggroll
03-24-2003, 09:52 PM
BTW Pat and Mel
I spent some time pimpin Kifaru gear to Michael, looks like it worked :-) Now hes gotta buy some SOE, HSGI and some EGL gear too. :-)

Managed to hitch a ride on the 'way back' machine and picked up something interesting, will be posting pics soon

snowdevil
03-25-2003, 05:16 AM
oooops. Thanks for the heads-up. The link to the ParaHootch has been fixed!
Maggie

Mel
03-25-2003, 07:14 AM
Mike:

I think you'll be a happy camper with your new Kifaru gear. We look forward to hearing from you.

Egg:

You're my kinda pimp! Thanks for your support, and keep up the good work with EGL. In case you guys on the message board here don't know it, Egg is making custom gear such as dump pouches, vest panels, and lots of other cool stuff, under the name Eggroll Gear Lab (EGL). Give him a holler and check out his gear.

Guys: Just a note about the ParaHootch. A new photo has been added at the bottom of the ParaHootch page showing just how small it can be compressed. Check it out.

Mel

Tacsit
03-28-2003, 01:33 PM
The Parahootch looks great. I'm wondering though, how durable and water-resistant is it? Can it hold up for night after night of hard pouring rain and wind?

Patrick
03-28-2003, 02:52 PM
Tacsit--

Very durable and waterproof. Double that of 1.9 oz. ripstop. I have the much-used original ParaTipi and it's going on ten years old.

Patrick

Mel
03-28-2003, 08:37 PM
Tacsit:

Good to see you made it over to our message board. I'd like to add a little here to what Patrick has said. Not only does the paraglider fabric have twice the strength of 1.9 oz. ripstop, but it is half the weight. Also, as far as the waterproofness goes, it is silicone impregnated on both sides, making it absolutely waterproof. On a side note, I have a ParaHootch here in front of me, stuffed in a Tactical Tailor 3Mag pouch with the velcro flap pulled all the way down flush with the pouch sides. How's that for stuffability?

Mel