PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Colorado Rendezvous

Amanda
04-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Hey Guys,

This will be the official announcement for the '07 Colorado Rendezvous from May 16th to the 20th.

For those who are familiar with previous events, you know the drill, but I will ask you to please "officially" register with me at the following e-mail address:

kifaru_international@yahoo.com

or if you prefer to call in: 1-800-222-6139

(We want to make certain that you get a hat saying you were there this year /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif ).

For those who are new this year, please provide me with the following information:

1. Full name:
2. How many will be attending:
3. Message board name: (if you have one)
4. E-mail address:
5. Mailing address: (all information will be kept confidential)
6. Telephone number: (all information will be kept confidential)

We will stop registration by May 7th, so that we can get a final head count of everyone who will be attending.

I will reply via e-mail to confirm for all those who registered. Further information, including what to bring and how to get there, will be e-mailed at the end of the registration time line.
If you cannot receive e-mail but still want to attend, we will work on getting the details to you when you call in.

Looking forward to a great event this year!

-Amanda

Bushcraft
04-12-2007, 09:05 AM
What is the nearest commercial airport? (Pueblo? Denver?)

Amanda
04-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Colorado Springs, I believe

Timberline
04-12-2007, 11:10 AM
The remote Rendevzous site is about equal distance - approximately 70 miles - from both Denver and Colorado Springs. Figure 2 to 3 hours drive time to get to the site from either airport, much of it on good but winding mountain roads.

The Denver airport is huge, so there are lots of flights in and out. The Colorado Springs airport, in direct comparision, is small, so there are less flights, although the Springs airport is easier to get around in. Both airports offer major jet flights.

Bushcraft
04-12-2007, 12:32 PM
I imagine the smaller airport would be more amicable to those toting weaponry?

Timberline
04-12-2007, 01:11 PM
I've not had weapon-toting problems of any sort in either airport.

The trick, I think, would be to book a DIRECT flight. It wouldn't make much sense to fly into Denver, only to get on another short flight to hop down to the Springs. If you can fly DIRECT into Colorado Springs (and would prefer the smaller airport), then great. If not, I'd fly into Denver.

Smokepole
04-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Bushcraft, if you're thinking of coming, I'm sure you can snag a ride with someone if you don't want to rent a car, let us know. I haven't toted guns through the Springs airport, but like Timberline, no problems in Denver. The TSA guys there actually went out of their way to be helpful once, but I guess that depends on who's working there when you come through.

Sawtooth
04-12-2007, 05:44 PM
I've flown with guns through both the airports. No problems at either one. And that was with eight rifles in four gun cases, carried by eight teenagers. If they can handle that with ease and make it painless, they can handle ANYTHING!

Smokepole
04-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Dang, Sawtooth, that must be expensive for you to take the whole family on hunting trips like that....

Sawtooth
04-12-2007, 06:25 PM
I've never flown to a hunting destination in my life.

They were all marksmanship competitions with the team.

Smokepole
04-12-2007, 06:34 PM
I know that, it was a joke, lighten up some, man!!!

Sawtooth
04-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Well, I have "flown" across South Park in my pickup, if that counts. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Cleve
04-12-2007, 08:02 PM
I'll be there in spirit, but my daughter graduates college in Santa Fe on Saturday 5/19 and we're going down Thursday to start packing up her apartment and moving her home. I'll miss seeing all you fine folks.

I'll also be sorry not to get a new hat -- have one from each of the prior three Colo Rondy's. Maybe if I made a big pot of venison chili and sent it along with someone? Would that qualify as attending or at least contributing?

Huntsman22
04-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Throw in a pot of the curry stuff and you can have my hat..... /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Smokepole
04-13-2007, 05:32 AM
South Park heck, (I think) I've seen you fly around the tipi. Don't worry, I'll bring aspirin.

Lost Arra
04-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Where in Colorado will this take place?

Huntsman22
04-30-2007, 08:35 PM
The exact location is classified....If I tell you, I'd then have to kill you /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif It is on the fringe of the famed Bayou Salade(south park) between Denver and Salida off hwy 285. Hope that is exzact enuff. Don

Smokepole
05-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Kifaru will send directions via e-mail if you register with Amanda.

flamingo 7
05-05-2007, 09:05 AM
All,

Wish I could make the Rendezvous this year(I've not been to one yet). Making plans for next year. My best to all of you, I'll raise a glass in your honor at the appropiate time. It'll be near beer but my spirit will be there with you. Enjoy.

Smokepole
05-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Flamingo, we will save a chair for you and raise a glass in your honor also. Hope to see you there next year.

Amanda
05-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Just an update for everyone attending the Colo. Rondy this weekend:

Apparently, there is some road construction on one of the roads leading to the Rendezvous sight. Patrick is headed on his way up there now, and if you have any troubles getting there, he will have his cell phone on him. Please call here at the shop to get that number.

There will be a hand written sign marking County Road 39. Those who have attended in the past will know how to get there, but for any new comers, you may need to phone in with Patrick while you're up there.

Amanda