PDA

View Full Version : New Rendezvous Forum!

Amanda
04-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Hello Everybody,

I'd like to introduce the new Rendezvous Forum, where you can now post everything pertaining to Rondy events.

I will be "officially" announcing the 2007 Colorado Rendezvous on this forum, and please feel free to post any other events here as well.

-Amanda

William Clunie
04-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Amanda,
Excellent idea! Thanks for thinking of us.

William Clunie

Sawtooth
04-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Good idea. Looking forward to making plans on here for the upcoming Rondy in Colorado. Like what toys we all plan to bring, etc.

Herb
04-11-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm all signed up, goats are coming and I've got some food ideas too.

Timberline
04-11-2007, 06:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sawtooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good idea. Looking forward to making plans on here for the upcoming Rondy in Colorado. Like what toys we all plan to bring, etc. </div></div>
So how do we do that – plan what “toys” we’ll bring, and even somehow solicit others to bring specific toys?

One of the best things about the Colorado Kifaru Rendezvous has been the opportunity participants have generously afforded other participants to try various firearms. That’s been great. I bring guns you can try. You bring guns I can try. It’s loads of fun and educational to try different guns.

Let me float an idea for everyone’s consideration and comment.

What if we started two posts on this new Rendezvous Forum, the first entitled “Wish Someone Would Bring” and the second called “Like to Learn.”

For example, I would love it if someone would bring a Marlin Guide Gun (non-ported) in .45-70 for me to try. If I knew someone had one and was willing to let me try it on the range under their supervision, I’d bring a box of standard factory ammo specifically for that rifle. The trial would have little to do with accuracy, but everything to do with feel, fit and an attempt to explore compatibility of rifle and shooter. I think I want a Guide Gun, but I’d know better after about 10 shots. In the “Wish Someone Would Bring” Rendezvous post, I’d list Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70 (maybe along with a few other rifles or handguns I’ve been longing to try) in the hopes that someone planning to attend the 2007 Colorado Rendezvous might have that specific firearm (or maybe spotting scope, binoculars or whatever) and be willing share it on the range with me for a few enlightening shots.

In the same vein, I’d love to have Huntsman show me his method for case skinning a coyote (we actually talked about this some months back). I’d list that in the “Like to Learn” Rendezvous post and see if anyone else is interested or game.

With those two running posts (and maybe others, such as “For Sale or Trade at the Rondy”) we might be able to better coordinate the fun and games.

Would such Rendezvous posts work? Would they be useful or helpful? Would they become too complicated? Your thoughts and suggestions, please.

I, for one, would like to try specific rifles and handguns at the Rendezvous, and I'd like to find a way to make that happen.

Pilgrim
04-11-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm prolly the only one who doesn't know when this Rondy is going to be. When is it?

Sawtooth
04-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Timberline,

Then let's make it happen.

Amanda
04-12-2007, 07:02 AM
Pilgrim,

You can refer to this link:

http://forums.kifaru.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=105996&page=1#Post105996

The Colorado Rondy will be from May 16th to May 20th.

-Amanda