PDA

View Full Version : Pouch To Carry Handgun In Marauder

Eagle6
03-19-2003, 01:46 PM
For Mel or Patrick or whomever may have the answer:

I have a Marauder and usually carry my handgun when out in the woods. I've got a CCW and keep the firearm in the pack, sacrificing ease of access for concealibility.

My question is: What would be the best Kifaru pocket or pouch to attach to the PALS webbing inside the pack for this purpose? Most of the time, I'm not using external pockets.

Usually I'm carrying a SIG P-239 in .40S&W or a Kimber (commander size) in .45ACP. If not a Kifaru option, any other ideas?

Thanks for the help

Sgathak
03-19-2003, 03:55 PM
Blackhawks STRIKE holster will do it perfectly. Its made to mount to MOLLE webbing and is virtually universal

http://www.blackhawkindustries.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=2810&d=

Mel
03-19-2003, 09:10 PM
Eagle6:

I think Sgathak has the right idea. It would be much better to use a MOLLE compatable holster that you can lace in your Marauder than a pocket or pouch.

Mel

AbnMedOps
03-19-2003, 10:41 PM
Take a look at the "Safepacker" pouch/holster from The Wilderness (The Wilderness.com), out of Pheoenix, AZ. I've had one for years; it's a versatile item that carries a 1911 very nicely, and can mount on many backpack waist belts, amongst other modes. I'm looking forward to trying it on my Pointman. One good feature is that it looks very non-descript..could pass as some kind of Walkman case or something.

eggroll
03-19-2003, 11:01 PM
Actually I spoke to Pat about this, and he showed me a rig that he made up for the hunter series. Dont know if he was sold on the idea for the military line, especially since there seems to be a plethora of options already available.

that being said, I think its a cool idea, and one of my projects to add onto my kifarus

EGG

Eagle6
03-20-2003, 06:58 PM
Thanks everybody. I'm looking at the BW items or at least something that has MOLLe attachments--makes a lot of sense. Also, forgot that I own a Safepacker for another, smaller weapon, and I will give that a try as well. If it works, I'll get a larger version for the .45ACP.