PDA

View Full Version : Kifaru - how about a Beaver-Tail ?

Pappy
07-27-2005, 06:57 PM
copying my own words from another thread.... I'll start a new one....

I've been looking at a Marauder for a while and while I have yet to use one, the only feature I'd like to see, that might be adapatble to almost any of the Kifaur pack systems would be:

a optional (attached or removeable - my choice) "Beaver-tail", something that could attacted to the bottom edge with compression type connectors at the top of the pack. One, this would cover the PALS webbing if you didn't have it loaded with pouches giving the pack an overall camo-base color - I'm mostly interested in Multicam... with CB it may not be an issue.
Two, it would allow some place to quickly stash jackets, etc, etc . I think a simple removeable "beaver-tail type panel" would be a nice OPTION to be able to add or not to fit ones needs. This same beaver tail might even be able to be pulled the other way to cover the straps to fit the needs of someone just tossing it into and pulling it out of a vehical. Seems to me a simple option, if designed to be a pals cover or starp cover it could be two layer with camo pattern on both sides, Although to me single sided would be fine as camo would not be a issue if it's sitting in a vehical...

How about this Mel, what would a Multicam panel the size of the back of the Marauder cost? straps to attach to the bottom PALs webbing and the top PALs webbing... Edges taped... hell I'd buy one even if you didn't want to offer it for production.

Mel
07-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Hey Pappy, Eggroll from the message board here, has made beavertails for the Marauder. Go to the search function and type in "marauder beavertail" and the link should come up with pics.

Mel

Pappy
07-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Thanks Mel, I'll do a search!

Dan M
07-27-2005, 09:24 PM
For those wanting a link to that thread:
Eggroll\'s Marauder Beavertail (http://forums.kifaru.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000508)