PDA

View Full Version : Express Pack Shipped!!!!

vegasshadows
07-01-2005, 11:27 PM
I called Kifaru on Thursday and the excellent staff informed me my Express would be shipped Friday.... sweeet!

So hopefully I'll have it soon, and provide pictures. I have been lusting for it ever since Mel first showed it off at shot.

vegasshadows
07-06-2005, 04:10 PM
I just got my Express in the mail, and hey the pack is even more awesome than I remember at shot.

I can't wait to load it up and take it to REI and make fun of all the lesser packs.

I'll have pics of the pack w/ my long pockets and pod shortly (:

I got a cool sticker too (:, now I have a new pack to wear w/ my kifaru hat.

plumbready
07-06-2005, 06:38 PM
vegasshadows when did you place you order. Just want to get an idea of where my Express is sitting!

vegasshadows
07-06-2005, 06:59 PM
I must have been one of the first to place an order, hmmn not really sure, it was a few months ago though they hadn't started production. I'd say 4 weeks or so after they started making them, youd have to ask mel though.

oktec60
07-06-2005, 07:58 PM
I ordered on 5/21, called them today, and they said it should be about 2 more weeks. It was mentioned they are doing them in batches and the first batch has gone out already, don't know what batch I'm in. Iím really excited about getting my first bag from them. Iíve heard so much about Kifaru quality I hope I'm not giving myself too high of expectations.

panzertroop
07-07-2005, 04:00 AM
oktec60, I ordered mine the same time frame. Let us know when you get yours. Oh and vegasshadows, you suck! /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

bmstrong
07-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Pics!!

BiGGie Nick
07-08-2005, 10:11 PM
did you get the duotone? or some other color combo?

Smackdaddyj
07-12-2005, 12:03 PM
oktec60 -

You can't get your expectations too high as far as quality. Just remember that it is still a pack and not a mystical object which removes all the weight when you carry it (that was my mistake) They are still the most comfortable packs you can wear and you will not truely appreciate it until you put one of your older packs on after you carry the Kiaru for a while.

Enjoy

Smackdaddyj

Dan M
07-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Smack! That is a great comment "no mystical object". I did a 14 mile forced march with my EMR and ammo vest, totaled about 65lbs. I was so comfortable until mile 10. At that point my hip flexors started to feel "tired" and by mile 12 my feet were starting to blister. The next day my legs and feet could barely move, yet no issues with neck, shoulder and back. The suspension on the EMR is incredible, but 65lbs is an extra 65lbs - your legs and feet don't really care what pack you have. And 2 weeks later when I put on my old TT modifed ALICE pack, I thought to myself "how did I ever march 12 yards with this, let alone 12 miles?"

oktec60
07-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Just got my Express today! It looks and feels great, just running around the house anyway. I'll give it a try this weekend, Thanks Kifaru!

Mike

panzertroop
07-21-2005, 04:59 PM
GOT MINE! DAMN! Really nice pack, I put a back pocket and two longs on it and it fits all my stuff for a weekend camping trip. Might get some pods for the future, haven't made up my mind yet on those. Thanks Kifaru!