PDA

View Full Version : Dock and Lock vrs Malice

RayDog
04-01-2005, 06:51 AM
OK guys I'm new the the Kifaru stuff. I live in CO and heard about this company not to far away that made great packs. I drive down to see what they got and ended up ordering a MMR and a E&E. I found a good deal on a couple malice long pockets on another forum and picked those up.What I would like to know if how the malice and the lock and dock stack up to each other.
Which holds more secure, which lets you remove easier ect.

Thanks for the info

Moloch38
04-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Malice is more secure, dock and lock is more removable. Neither is going anywhere, however some prefer malice when looking for a pocket that is going to be semi-permanant and a rock solid hold. The dock and lock is perfect for frequent change ups and thinks like the E&E and other pouches that are needed for grab and go. It is a solid lock up but need to be tightened down when anything is removed obviously so it doesn't sag. Hope this covers it, shoot more questions our way.

Dan M
04-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Dock and Lock is really great for pouches on packs. The MALICE clip truly shines for rock solid, now part of the pack/or vest, pocket - especially for ammo and dense/heavy things like that. Once you play around with dock and lock pouches for the modular, swap and go uses of your pack and compare that to re-rigging 4 ammo pouches, 2 utility pouches and 2 commpass pouches with MALIC clips to an assault vest, you will truly apprecite the niches that each of these attachemnt systems serve.

Smackdaddyj
04-03-2005, 08:29 AM
One more thing that I have noticed about the difference between D&L and Malice is that you can not compress the Malice attached pockets to the main pack. This is not a big deal for small pockets like ammo pouches, but for large pockets like the Long Pocket or Claymore, I am definately in favor or the D&L. Also, if you are airborne, the D&L will break away if you need them to, the Malice will hang you up worse if they get caught. Just more things to think about, but I stay away from Malice for larger pockets because it seems to me that they sway more by not being compressed into the pack. Just my observations.

Smackdaddyj

RayDog
04-06-2005, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the info guys

eggroll
04-06-2005, 08:56 PM
MALICE clips work just fine for attaching ANY of the malice compatible pockets. That beign said, DL pockets work well with compressing items underneath them, ala clothing, groundcloths, Stoves, snowshoes.
if compression is a worry, you could get a series of cargo stabilizer straps.

M38
your Trips are set aside along with the OD DL 2qtr's
due out this weekend.

Kerberos
04-10-2005, 11:10 AM
I have the 2 of the longpockets on my Zulu and use the dock&lock. It works good for most things.
I have one of each side.
One of the pouches hold 12 of m16 magazines,with the dock&lock it sags down just a bit.
Now the D&l pockets do have two piece of webbing on the back and using maliceclips to weave it to the Zulu it took the load abit more like I liked it.
Plus I used a snapclick through the top tabloop and the loop on the top of the sidepocket.

Moloch38
04-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Money! Thanks Egg! Can't wait to get my sticky fingers on them. Now if I could only find a CB Callahan!