PDA

View Full Version : How about camo?

Saxe Coburg
02-08-2003, 10:59 PM
Hey kids, first time post here. Been looking at the pointman reeeeeeeal hard as of late. But was wondering if ya'll run any of your packs in woodland camo. Yeah, I know, just spray paint the dang thing. But, hey, like if I'm gonna' shell out the cash, I'd like camo. Just wondering...

eggroll
02-10-2003, 12:35 AM
The way its explained to me, you could supply the material, and dont mind the extra wait, Kifaru would try to accommodate you
- however theres a bunch of orders to satisfy before getting on to a single point order for woodycam.

Mel
02-10-2003, 07:49 PM
Hey Saxe, Egg pretty much hit the nail on the head about all the orders that need to go out. Call the shop and they may be able to work something out with you, but I'm not sure about the cost or time factor. We may offer woodland in the future, depending on demand.

Mel

militarymoron
02-10-2003, 10:38 PM
hey saxe,

good to see u here. i'm starting to see the verstility of the coyote brown colour - it looks like it'll work well with most environments - woodland or desert. hey, instead of spray painting, you could get a coyote brown pointman, and get smoke green pouches for a brown/green combo. wonder how that'd look.

cheers,
MM

Erick
02-12-2003, 10:34 AM
I'm doing the opposite of MM - I've got one pack, soon another, in smoke green and then getting the coyote brown pouches.

Adam Stevens
03-04-2003, 11:30 AM
Hi, you could make a pack cover out of camouflage netting or use the very light(200 grm) US army personal netting one in woodland and one in desert and drape over your pack.this also can break up the outline of the the pack,
though it can catch on bush. yours Adam smamit@smamit.co.il web page (http://www.smamit.co.il)

rickdog
03-04-2003, 04:00 PM
If you're not in the military, hold off 'till the next war is winding down. Shouldn't be too much longer. There are some guys that actually NEED some of this stuff.

Sgathak
03-04-2003, 04:01 PM
PALS webbing also makes for a great place to tie burlap into.

Jesse
03-07-2003, 07:39 PM
Woodland is almost out of service. The Corps uses MARPAT, so does the navy. The army is working on changing theirs too. OD is more versitile, and more effective in most cases and coyote brown is even better. Tying burlap to a pack, to me, is useless. Once you are close enough to the enemy that it would make a difference the level 3, and sometimes even level 2 gear is going to be cached somewhere secure, but accessable

rickdog
03-08-2003, 01:36 PM
What's the Army working on?

Sgathak
03-08-2003, 01:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Tying burlap to a pack, to me, is useless. Once you are close enough to the enemy that it would make a difference the level 3, and sometimes even level 2 gear is going to be cached somewhere secure, but accessable </div></div>Unless your a Ghillied sniper using your ruck as your rifle support and dont want a big green nylon blob to give your position away.

Jesse
03-08-2003, 08:19 PM
I don't know what the army is doing, I just saw it on the cover of the Army Times.

Erick
03-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Rickdog-
I understand your feelings, BUT....some of us are in another uniform here CONUS and have our jobs to carry out / missions to execute.

Erick